Fox Sports Radio changes

RadioInsight Community Forums Spoken Word Programming Sports Fox Sports Radio changes

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of goldeneagles97 goldeneagles97 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of goldeneagles97
    goldeneagles97
    Participant

Come January 6, the landscape will change in a major way at Fox Sports Radio. Here’s how the new weekday lineup will look like (all times Eastern):

6a-9a: Andy Furman and Mike North (North recently replaced the recently-departed Artrell Hawkins)
    9a-12p: Dan Patrick
    12p-3p: Jay Mohr
    3p-6p: TBD (Hartman & O’Brien will not return)
    6p-10p: JT the Brick w/Tomm Looney
    10p-2a: Jason Smith (replacing Amy Van Dyken & Rob Dibble)
    2a-6a: Ben Maller

In addition to the aforementioned departures, Petros & Money will no longer be carried nationally (THANK GOD!!), but will still be heard in Los Angeles on KLAC-AM.

I wonder what was behind the decision to move JT the Brick to early evenings. He prides himself on being able to talk about the day’s sporting events before you read about them the next morning in the local newspaper. I guess he’ll have to read the paper now.

I’m not big into Jason Smith. I’d thought JT & Tomm would’ve gone back into that slot, and perhaps have Arnie Spanier go to early evenings.

I’m interested in knowing who will fill the afternoon slot. Could it be the aforementioned Spanier or someone else that Fox has in mind. I’m also interested in knowing how the weekend lineups will shake out, too, particularly Ben Maller’s replacement in the 1-6a Saturday/Sunday time slot.

Profile photo of Lance Venta
    Lance Venta
    Participant

One of the names being suggested for the vacant shift is Mike Hill with another partner. Hill left ESPN for Fox Sports 1 this summer with the expectation that he would also do a show for FSR.

http://fangsbites.com/2013/08/mike-hill-to-join-fox-sports-1-in-a-multitude-of-roles/

Before leaving ESPN he was hosting nights at ESPN Radio with Mark Schlereth.

Profile photo of udfan07
    udfan07
    Participant

Personally I like the lineup changes in the afternoons/evening. Gives me more reason to listen to Fox Sports Radio over any other choices. If they just got rid of Jay Mohr, his show is terrible, then they would have a really good lineup. I thought Mike Hill would be an option for 3 to 6 because of his radio experience plus he does work on Fox Sports Live on Fox Sports 1 so he could still do that with the 3 to 6 shift.

Profile photo of Shawn Hill
    Shawn Hill
    Participant

I haven’t listened much to live sports radio in months, pretty much listening exclusively to sports-based podcasts…that all said, looking at FSR’s lineup, I’m just glad that the boring and narcissistic Pat O’Brien is finally off the airwaves. I thought that with his sports and entertainment connections, he would bring instant credibility to the former Loose Cannons…boy, was I wrong.

goldeneagles97
    Participant

The news page says Black Crowes drummer Steve Gorman will take over the afternoon slot.

Profile photo of Boombox
    Boombox
    Participant

I like being able to hear Ben Maller 5 nights a week. He used to be just on during weekend overnights. I’m not heavily into sports, but always have found his show entertaining.

goldeneagles97
    Participant

FSR made a huge mistake five years ago in replacing Ben Maller with The Soup. Ben, of course, was brought back to do weekend overnights. I’m glad he’s in his rightful place, though I don’t get to listen since that’s when I get some shut-eye.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.