Harold Camping Dead At 92

RadioInsight Community Forums General Topics Radio Industry Discussion Harold Camping Dead At 92

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of anotherguy anotherguy 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lance Venta
    Participant

Family Radio founder Harold Camping passed away Sunday at the age of 92 due to injuries sustained in a fall on November 30.

Camping is best known for his multiple failed end of the world prophecies that eventually forced Family Radio to sell off many of their properties including 94.7 WFME Newark/New York, 106.9 WKDN Camden/Philadelphia, and 107.9 WFSI Annapolis/Baltimore/Washington.

http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/1030185/5988170fbb/

Rimshot
    Participant

Family Radio founder Harold Camping passed away Sunday at the age of 92 due to injuries sustained in a fall on November 30.

Camping is best known for his multiple failed end of the world prophecies that eventually forced Family Radio to sell off many of their properties including 94.7 WFME Newark/New York, 106.9 WKDN Camden/Philadelphia, and 107.9 WFSI Annapolis/Baltimore/Washington.

http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/1030185/5988170fbb/

I wonder what that means for the remaining Camping owned stations.

Username @SMITTY | Former Display Names: Stewie and RadioEnginerd -- I got out of commercial radio before it sucked the life out of me.
    anotherguy
    Participant

Hopefully they’ll sell to Christian groups that are more Biblically sound and are more in touch with what it takes to reach people for Christ today.

firepoint525
    Participant

It was “the end of the world,” (for him, anyway!), so he did not miss it by much!

kevtronics
    Participant

Hopefully they’ll sell to Christian groups that are more Biblically sound and are more in touch with what it takes to reach people for Christ today.

Not that it will help much. The fastest-growing religious category in the USA is “none”. And if there is any kind of Christian programming that will appeal to non-believers, it will be CCM and Black Gospel, not Family Radio’s moldy old organ music and preaching.

mariomania
    Participant

I wonder if KEAR 610 going to be sold in San Francisco

anotherguy
    Participant

And if there is any kind of Christian programming that will appeal to non-believers, it will be CCM and Black Gospel, not Family Radio’s moldy old organ music and preaching.

Definitely agreed. :-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.