Wanda Smith returning to V-103 mornings, this time with Ryan Cameron

RadioInsight Community Forums Southeast Atlanta Wanda Smith returning to V-103 mornings, this time with Ryan Cameron

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of kilamanjero kilamanjero 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rodneyho
    Participant

She will make the official announcement Monday at 7 a.m.

Details here:

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2014/01/09/is-wanda-smith-coming-back-to-v-103/#sthash.hZr715H2.dpbs

shawtyblack
    Participant

Still won’t work in my opinion. I think the Urban listeners have decided to listen to Steve Harvey, Tom Joyner and Rickey Smiley. Wanda Smith just doesn’t sit well IMO.

Gregg
    Participant

Didn’t she cry and cry on her last show. Now, she should have to take it all back.

USA Dance Mix Atlanta's NEW 24/7 streaming Dance station! (all decades 70's to today, Retro + Contemporary, Dance-Disco-House (no Electronica) WE'RE ON: iTUNES (Electronica), Tunein, Radio Tuna, Shoutcast, Steema, Rad.io, Complete List at usa-dance.net
    kilamanjero
    Participant

Still won’t work in my opinion. I think the Urban listeners have decided to listen to Steve Harvey, Tom Joyner and Rickey Smiley. Wanda Smith just doesn’t sit well IMO.

Uh where are you getting these “facts” from? Rickey Smiley isn’t exactly “leading” in the 18-34 demo race. It’s actually split between Ryan, Rickey, and Rashan these days. Ryan is beating Tom Joyner and Steve Harvey still with the 25-54 demographic. You might want to check the facts before assuming that…

Roddy Freeman
    Participant

I think it’s a good move.

shawtyblack
    Participant

BTW…. They have dropped the “ATL’s Home for Hip-Hop and R&B” and have returned to “The People’s Station” positioner.

secondchoice
    Participant

I have never hear or saw Wanda’s stand-up, but from what I heard of Frank and Wanda she is funny and IMHO was a large part of the success that they had.

bringbkradio
    Participant

Wanda should be an imporvement for Ryan Cameron, esp given that Crash Clark got cut loose. And Egypt decided to go and V-103 has a history of having midday talent on the merry-go-round.

BTW…. They have dropped the “ATL’s Home for Hip-Hop and R&B” and have returned to “The People’s Station” positioner.

GOOD! V-103 did not need to utilize a generic “Hip Hop and R&B” slogan used everywhere else in the first place.

shawtyblack
    Participant

No other station in ATL uses “Hip-Hop and R&B” in there positioner so V103 was the only one using it. I haven’t listened to Ryan Cameron since he was in afternoons. Many have said he’s not the same Ryan Cameron from the HOT 97.5/107.9 days. I wonder how long Ramona is gonna be in middays? I swear they have her all over the place.

kilamanjero
    Participant

Yeah, he’s not the same anymore because he’s much older and has a different audience. Additionally, whom he was in afternoons on V-103 is pretty much the same as whom he is now in the mornings on V. However, him and Wanda ought to do fine in the mornings. He doesn’t need an ensemble like Kendra G or Mo Ivory (whom will likely moved back to WAOK).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.