102.1 WCRM-LP on 24/7?

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Columbus 102.1 WCRM-LP on 24/7?

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  schmave 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

xmusicmatt
    Participant

I’ve noticed that 102.1 WCRM-LP does not appear to be running a 3pm-3am schedule as indicated by their license. I have heard them on 24/7 it seems broadcasting their African music/programming.

allfirdup
    Participant

They have been doing that for months, Nothing has been filed for WCRX, who holds the other half of the license. so even if there was an agreement with Bexley Public Radio they never filed to move the facilities.

gabigley1
    Participant

I’ve also noticed WCRM-LP have been broadcasting  24/7 for at least the last ninety days or so.

Also, I’ve noticed that the same people that used to program the the pirate radio station on 103.3 and later on 96.7 FM from a couple of years ago are now apparently programming WCRM-LP. They are using the same voice-overs and liners. Also, I’ve noticed they are using the same phone number to take request.. No surprise here as I expected the illegal pirate group to program WCRM-LP after they signed off of 96.7 FM. Maybe Knowbetter can give us an update.

xmusicmatt
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind if they got to go 24/7 I just think it’s not a good idea to do it w/out the blessing of the FCC.

Also noticed their signal gets out well for a LPFM on top of a 3 story building on the corner of Morse Rd/Karl Rd in Columbus I was hearing them clear in the car down by Port Columbus.

allfirdup
    Participant

I picked up a solid clear signal on East Broad street by the Limited. thats a better signal than the old WCRS 102.1 ever had

schmave
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind if they got to go 24/7 I just think it’s not a good idea to do it w/out the blessing of the FCC. Also noticed their signal gets out well for a LPFM on top of a 3 story building on the corner of Morse Rd/Karl Rd in Columbus I was hearing them clear in the car down by Port Columbus.

Which building are they broadcasting from? My business frequently takes me up north and very close to that area so I’ll have to look next time I’m up there.

xmusicmatt
    Participant

Which building are they broadcasting from? My business frequently takes me up north and very close to that area so I’ll have to look next time I’m up there.

They are broadcasting from a 3 story building near the corner of Karl Rd and Morse Rd in NE Columbus.  I would post a google maps link but the last run thru of Google was prior to them installing the antenna for WCRM-LP.

knowbetter
    Participant

I’ve also noticed WCRM-LP have been broadcasting 24/7 for at least the last ninety days or so. Also, I’ve noticed that the same people that used to program the the pirate radio station on 103.3 and later on 96.7 FM from a couple of years ago are now apparently programming WCRM-LP. They are using the same voice-overs and liners. Also, I’ve noticed they are using the same phone number to take request.. No surprise here as I expected the illegal pirate group to program WCRM-LP after they signed off of 96.7 FM. Maybe Knowbetter can give us an update.

I really can’t, I as have paid little attention to most of the lpfm’ers in town…I can tell you that WCRX (Bexley), is gone, there was a rumor that they might have sold “something or other to somebody”…don’t know if it true. The SKY radio people, whoever they are, are pirates, and if the signal is as good as people indicate from that building, I’d question the power.  I did happen to hear it a couple of days ago, however, and I did hear several commercials on it…I might think if it bothers anyone, a quick tape of their programming to the enforcement bureau, may well be in order…

knowbetter
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind if they got to go 24/7 I just think it’s not a good idea to do it w/out the blessing of the FCC. Also noticed their signal gets out well for a LPFM on top of a 3 story building on the corner of Morse Rd/Karl Rd in Columbus I was hearing them clear in the car down by Port Columbus.

I think it’s 1495 Morse Road…..

schmave
    Participant

OK, I know just where you’re talking about. Just west of the Chase at the corner of Morse and Karl. I actually was up there yesterday and completely forgot to look.

xmusicmatt
    Participant

OK, I know just where you’re talking about. Just west of the Chase at the corner of Morse and Karl. I actually was up there yesterday and completely forgot to look.

Yep that would be it.

schmave
    Participant

Did remember to look last week when I was leaving the area and I saw their tower. Not all that prominent among the ductwork on top of that building, but it’s visible from Karl Road as one approaches Morse from the south.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php