105.7's New Format lol it couldn't do any worse

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Columbus

• Participant

1.Beyonce-Love on top 3:06
    2.White Zombie-Thunder kiss ’65 3:45
    3.Sam Sneed-U better recognize 3:54
    4.Toni Braxton-Let it flow 3:43
    5.Smashing Pumpkins-Zero 2:40
    6.India.Arie-That Magic 3:54
    7.Natalie Merchant-Jealousy 2:37

6 Minute Commercial Break
    1.Tank-#Bday 3:32
    2.Frou Frou-Breathe in 3:55
    3..Music Explosion-A Little bit of soul 2:14
    4..Corona-The rhythm of the night 3:44
    5..Sade-Paradise 2:55
    6..Sarah McLachlan-Sweet surrender 3:48
    7.Big Audio Dynamite-E=MC2 4:13

6 Minute Commercial Break

There you go, the new format for 105.7 lol no dj’s, only the required top of the hour id’s.  One song flows right into the next.  The top of the hour id will go like this.  (“Hey boss, I got the latest chart toppers right here.” Then the boss calmly says “You’re fired.” Then into the id “105.7 WXZX Hilliard….if you even suggest looking at the charts as a way to pick what music to play we’ll fire you.”

Participant

Well, it’s not like anyone would be tuning in to The Zone opposite of The Fan’s PBP coverage of the Rose Bowl, so I give them credit for creative counter-programming.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant
    1. I always wonder what kind of numbers this would pull if it was actually done?  I feel like a format like this could be moderately successful if you had a program director with a really good ear for catchy music.  I’d do it…..listen IHeartMedia, I’ll do it for free until it makes a profit, then it’ll cost ya 😎 lmao

Participant

They actually did this yesterday? Otherwise this comes completely out of left field.

Participant

No, I was bored at work, and was just wondering what a format like this would do number wise.  I realize now that it reads like I’m saying that 105.7 switched to this format.  I probably should’ve titled it “What if this was 105.7’s new format lol it couldn’t do any worse.”

Participant

They actually did this yesterday? Otherwise this comes completely out of left field.

That’s what I thought, considering the OP was at the same time as the Rose Bowl.

Otherwise it makes no sense. iHeart is apparently committed to sports on 105.7 even with the ratings, they have to be billing way more as The Zone than they did with rock.

An “everything but the kitchen sink” format is a cute stunt, but won’t work as an actual format.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php