AM 1230, the former WNOK-AM, has shed it’s historic WOIC call letters. It is now WPCL.
WOIC was known for decades as The Sound of the City when it was on 1320 AM. WOIC was one of the groundbreaking Speidel stations programmed for black audiences. At one point WOIC had its studios in the Barringer Building at 1338 Main and later around the corner on Lady Street in a building that was demolished to construct what is now The Palms apartments.