1580 WVKO once again owned by Percy Squire

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Columbus

• Participant

Checked it out today out by Easton and was getting a solid Stereo signal with Dead Air in my car on 92.9 FM. Hope it starts simulcasting 1580 AM again soon I would love to hear the R&B oldies in Stereo!

Participant

On an unrelated matter, Percy lost an appeals case today going back to his previous translator (the one that is now the Fish).  He was sued by Premiere for unpaid transmission fees related to his carriage of the Steve Harvey Show.  The lower court found against him and he appealed.  In a unanimous decision,  the appeals court upheld the lower courts decision.

Participant

Related to above, he owned Premiere just shy of 100,000 in fees.

Wonder how he will come up with that?

Participant

Related to above, he owned Premiere just shy of 100,000 in fees. Wonder how he will come up with that?

YIKES!

Participant

Related to above, he owned Premiere just shy of 100,000 in fees.
    Wonder how he will come up with that?

If he still owns the transmitter site, just turn in the license and sell the land to the housing developers who literally built right next to it.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant

The translator antenna is atop a downtown office building.  The AM array is on leased land.   Add to that, Squire does not own the AM.  So no real estate to liquidate.

The original lawsuit and appeal is on the County Clerk of Courts website with the documents visible.  It’s quite an interesting read.

Participant

The translator antenna is atop a downtown office building. The AM array is on leased land. Add to that, Squire does not own the AM. So no real estate to liquidate. The original lawsuit and appeal is on the County Clerk of Courts website with the documents visible. It’s quite an interesting read.

Yeah the transmitter site is atop the high rise.

92.9 is still cranking out dead air.. I really hope he is legal ID’ing via FSK at least.

Participant

Still cranking out dead air on 92.9 FM … I hope Percy’s at least legal ID’ing via FSK.

Participant

There’s been some talk that the fat lady hasn’t taken to the stage yet.

Participant

There’s been some talk that the fat lady hasn’t taken to the stage yet.

you lost me on that one?????

Participant

I noticed Monday evening that WVKO-AM started broadcasting audio of one of the Percy Squire internet website for the first time. This one: http://www.thedrumcolumbus.com/
    This audio mentions WVKO-AM and its 92.9 translator frequently.
    The translator is still broadcasting dead air. Mr. Squire said Tuesday morning that his 92.9 translators should be back up by last Tuesday night. I wonder if this programming change is because his 2017
    STA application filed for his translator to go silent was dismissed by the FCC last Monday the 25th? His translator has been broadcasting dead air for over 12 weeks now and it appears the FCC won’t let his translator go silent so he needs to either get it back on the air or file for another silent period STA. Maybe Knowbetter will let us know what is going on with WVKO-AM these days. Why they stopped the 60s to 80s oldies music and are now rebroadcasting Mr Squire site.

Participant

I noticed Monday evening that WVKO-AM started broadcasting audio of one of the Percy Squire internet website for the first time. This one: http://www.thedrumcolumbus.com/ This audio mentions WVKO-AM and its 92.9 translator frequently. The translator is still broadcasting dead air. Mr. Squire said Tuesday morning that his 92.9 translators should be back up by last Tuesday night. I wonder if this programming change is because his 2017 STA application filed for his translator to go silent was dismissed by the FCC last Monday the 25th? His translator has been broadcasting dead air for over 12 weeks now and it appears the FCC won’t let his translator go silent so he needs to either get it back on the air or file for another silent period STA. Maybe Knowbetter will let us know what is going on with WVKO-AM these days. Why they stopped the 60s to 80s oldies music and are now rebroadcasting Mr Squire site.

Remember I said the fat lady may not have sung?  It appears Mr.Squire is back in the picture.  Word is the consummation docs should be showing up on the fcc site soon.

Participant

“Maybe Knowbetter will let us know what is going on with WVKO-AM these days.”

Nope, don’t know, don’t have any insight, nor any real interest.  I do think the FM is back on though….

kb

Participant

The FCC approved the assignment of license for Percy Squires WVKO-AM FM translator on 92.9 FM to TSJ Radio today. So now what?

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION WASHINGTON, D.C. 20554 (X)CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT: FROM: SANDBLAST L.P.TO: TSJ RADIO LLC, DATE: 12/04/2019 COLUMBUS, OH CALL-SIGN: W225CS

Participant

The FCC approved the assignment of license for Percy Squires WVKO-AM FM translator on 92.9 FM to TSJ Radio today. So now what?

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION WASHINGTON, D.C. 20554 (X)CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT: FROM: SANDBLAST L.P.TO: TSJ RADIO LLC, DATE: 12/04/2019 COLUMBUS, OH CALL-SIGN: W225CS

What an absolute mess. Might as well give WVKO back to TSJ and call the deal off if he apparently can’t even afford the translator.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php