2 different "Bays" side by side

RadioInsight Community Forums Northeast Northern New England 2 different "Bays" side by side

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  newsbot 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Andy Taylor
    Participant

Anyone know anything about another “Bay” coming to 98.5  in Portland? There’s already one that can be picked up in York county at 98.7.

raccoonradio
    Participant

Is it possible that Saga may change WBAE 1490/107.1 (translator)

to a “Bay”? That’s not a 98.5–there is a 98.5 country station in Augusta area I think

A post on radiodiscussions by radionewengland says:

Saga Bringing Bay Back To Portland ME – RadioInsight content?
    Is this true…could WBAE Maine’s Talk Radio be shifting back to adult standards? They have a pretty strong translator on 107.1.

Any ‘exclusive’ insights?

Andy Taylor
    Participant

Saga PRG has applied for another translator on 98.5.This is all unofficial rumor that WGAN 560 is moving to that translator from the 105.5 translator. The Bay rumor could be 1490/107.1 as they haven’t replaced Imus yet. Hugh Hewitt is on from 6am to noon.

mrradioguy
    Participant

The 98.5 CP is attached to 560, so whatever 560 runs, that’s what has to be on 98.5, WGAN’s current FM, 105.5 is being fed by WMGX’s HD 2 channel, so in theory they could move WGAN’s FM to 98.5 & change 105.5/WMGX-HD2 to adult standards & keep the talk on 1490/107.1 or vice versa.

Don’t read in to anything about them not replacing Imus, stations can cut ties with shows fairly quickly & with as many talk stations as there are in Portland, I’m not surprised if they haven’t found a permanent replacement. This is what happens when a syndicator pulls a show and offers nothing to replace it.

newsbot
    Participant

The Bay is on the air as a gold-based Soft AC. Lance characterizes it as a flanker for WMGX and WYNZ vs Townsquare’s WHOM. Both 93.5/1490 and 107.1/1400 are mono. Sample hour:

Masterpiece – Atlantic Starr
    Smoke From A Distant Fire – Sanford Townsend Band
    I Don’t Have The Heart – James Ingram
    Shining Star – Manhattans
    I Love The Nightlife – Alicia Bridges
    Tonight, I Celebrate My Love – Peabo Bryson/Roberta Flack
    Nobody Knows It But Me – Babyface
    We’ve Got Tonight – Bob Seger
    Head Over Heels – Tears For Fears
    Promises, Promises – Naked Eyes
    I’ll Be Around – Spinners
    Endless Summer Nights – Richard Marx
    The One That You Love – Air Supply
    Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe – Barry White
    You Got It All – The Jets
    Lady – Kenny Rogers
    I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – U2
    Danny’s Song – Loggins & Messina
    I Could Fall In Love – Selena

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  newsbot.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php