2017 Predictions

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michael R. 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Michael R.
    Participant

As KDGE flipped from Alternative as “102.1 The Edge” to AC as “Star 102.1” during the Holiday season and 103.7 KVIL evolved to Top 40/CHR full-time and rebranded as “Amp 103.7” earlier this month, what other changes do y’all think might shake up the DFW radio dial?

ALREADY SET:
    KFLC 1270 will flip from Spanish Christian Contemporary music as “Amor Celestial” to Sports as “Univision Deportes Radio” (as well as many other Univision-owned AM stations–most of which affiliated with the ill-fated Univision America until shut down in June 2015) sometime in Spring 2017.

MY PREDICTIONS:
    – KFCD 990 AM may become an ESPN Deportes Radio affiliate. As the programing has been displaced from KZMP 1540 in favor for a simulcast of KZZA “La Ranchera 106.7”, I think that’s where they’ll be. The problem is not everyone at night can receive this signal due to the low power at 920 watts.
    – For an alternative if no AM home still, KESN ESPN 103.3 may reactivate their HD Radio signal and using 103.3 HD2 as the spot for ESPN Deportes Radio (the previous arrangement). We know that not everyone has an HD Radio, though they’ll provide streaming online. As many of us know, KESN deactivated their HD signals in 2011, though no reason was given for this move.
    – Either KLIF-FM Hot 93.3 or KSCS New Country 96.3 might flip to Alternative as “Underground” in response to the changes on KDGE 102.1. Quite likely, that’s not gonna happen.

Say what you will (though be nice about it), and put in your own predictions for this year. I think the radio realignment here in DFW is not quite through yet.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php