90.7 Lewiston, Maine New Station or Pirate??

RadioInsight Community Forums Northeast Northern New England 90.7 Lewiston, Maine New Station or Pirate??

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Weil 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lesnessmanme

Sunday September 23rd. Picking up an unknown station on 90.7 FM in Lewiston, Maine. New Translator or Pirate? Did not hear any local id, or local ads. National ads though.

I coult  not find any info on the usual databases. Even checked New Hampshire in case it was from the Conway/Mount Washington area. Wikipedia is woefully outdated, and local stations websites have no information.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  lesnessmanme.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

lesnessmanme

update: I evidently forgot to mention that the station was playing ESPN radio.

On September 30th, did another scan; station was playing music, amongst songs heard, “Your Having My Baby ” by Paul Anka; before I lost signal.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

raccoonradio
    Participant

Did a search on the advanced feature of radio-locator. Even expanded it to Include Fringe Stations. No sign of a 90.7.

Since you said you heard ads, ESPN etc I wonder if it was somebody using an FM transmitter to rebroadcast to their house or car?

A translator for a commercial station would probably not be in the 88-91.9 band but who knows.

National ads only? If it were a local station maybe they were just running off satellite and nobody was there to fire in ads.

Larry Weil
    Participant

Could it be someone with an old satellite receiver that has an FM modulator?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php