The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  carmen r 4 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rapking
    Participant

The Urban Heat 98.1 FM & 1410 am start August 1st .

raccoonradio
    Participant

Previous threads said FM translator in Medford…has to avoid another 98.1 to the north as well as WCTK New Bedford

rapking
    Participant

its not on yet . There a liner saying ” We are building it right now the new 98.1 ” . I guessing they are jockless until 98.1 is on ( I have not heard any D J on this station this week ).

rapking
    Participant

a lot of WZBR D J’s are tweeting out 98.1 signal will be on this Memorial weekend .

Uncle Kaimbridge
    Participant

a lot of WZBR D J’s are tweeting out 98.1 signal will be on this Memorial weekend .

Yup, I think they came on sometime late yesterday: No sign of them, I think at about 3:30pm and (maybe 6‐ish). Then at about 12:15am this morning (just after midnite), there they were, battling it out with WCTK!

~Uncle Kaimbridge~
           02205–2602–029
      [42.3509°N–71.0538°W (FN42li34nf)]

**** Void Where Permitted;
            Limit 0 Per Customer. ****

rapking
    Participant

Labor day weekend ( my mistake ).

raccoonradio
    Participant

In Beverly as of last night or night before–WCTK New Bedford

Tonight on 98.1– a mix of some country from WCTK (Down at the Twist and Shout, Mary Chapin Carpenter) but then it was mostly the FM translator of 1410 battling it out with WCTK..and the soul was starting to win. Maybe a bit of the FM translator on same freq from Lawrence or whatever

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  raccoonradio.

carmen r
    Participant

cant hear anything in Dorchester on a hilltop but mostly static and a weak Country station in certain orientations of the earbud-cord antenna on 98.1 on the phone FM radio app, which generally is quite good and has no problem pulling in soul/urban music from WRBB 104.9, Roy Owens on 91.5, whatever the -LP callsign of the church in Codman Square that shares airtime with WBCA-LP on 102.9 and throws in soul/r&b/gospel in between the talk segments , many of which are quite good and secular and focused on local urban dilemmas, politics with interviews with those serving and candidates, etc. supplementing with the late night offerings of Radio Energy and Radio oncorde and Radio TeleBoston and the occasional long-running show on WMBR you could probably mostly avoid the online streaming services and still get a decent serving of what i’d imagine Urban Heat’s format might be, were it to be audible in BOSTON. are there plans of moving to say, the low-altitude commercial tower by Savin Hill T-station so there’s a chance people in BOSTON can hear it? i guess you could just listen to B87 and pretend it’s new oldies for 20 years from now – that’s certainly audible in BOSTON And down to about Foxboro/Attleborough/Sharon/Walpole. guess it’s time to get out the Hallicrafters and see how 1410 kilocycles is making it into the city. it was a real powerhouse in the north Milton / Quincy areas on last dial-spin so much that it seems like it would have enough juice to make it to Lower Roxbury and the South End should anyone have a taste for such obsolete technology as Amplitude Modulation…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php