98.3 WPAY

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Ohio 98.3 WPAY

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  schmave 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

chad43358
    Participant

When KLove took over the 104.1 signal, they brought back the “WPAY” call letters for the station replacing WNKE. Now it appears they gave up those call letters to “Expression Production Group of Huntington, WV who owns former WOKE 98.3. They are now 98.3 WPAY and airing a country music format. Good to see this brand back in the Portsmouth area!

When KLove took over the 104.1 signal, they brought back the “WPAY” call letters for the station replacing WNKE. Now it appears they gave up those call letters to “Expression Production Group of Huntington, WV who owns former WOKE 98.3. They are now 98.3 WPAY and airing a country music format. Good to see this brand back in the Portsmouth area!

No it isn’t, plant.  LOL

They have robots on here now as well?

Expression doesn’t even own the station, they gave it to their buddy while they try and avoid lawsuit for never paying for the station in the first place.  The previous format was great, trust me.  The signal, among other things, were not.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

EMF still holds the WPAY calls for the 1520 facility in Toledo (they’ve time-leased that signal out for nearly five years).

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

chad43358
    Participant

No it isn’t, plant. LOL They have robots on here now as well? Expression doesn’t even own the station, they gave it to their buddy while they try and avoid lawsuit for never paying for the station in the first place. The previous format was great, trust me. The signal, among other things, were not.
    I apologize for aparrently striking a nerve with you. I was South of Columbus the other day listening to 104.1 and noticed the call letters were no longer WPAY which prompted a Google search. I figured since nobody else had brought it up yet, I may as well throw it on here.

chad43358
    Participant

EMF still holds the WPAY calls for the 1520 facility in Toledo (they’ve time-leased that signal out for nearly five years).

Yes, they hold the call letters for an AM station. The FM calls for WPAY are now used by 98.3.
    Expression doesn’t even own the station, they gave it to their buddy while they try and avoid lawsuit for never paying for the station in the first place. The previous format was great, trust me. The signal, among other things, were not.
    DJ K. Andre’ is correct.  Expression Production Group originally “purchased” three stations – one of which was 98.3 WOKE (CHR format).  In Febuary of this year, they attempted to re-brand and flip the format to country, while (at the same time) fighting a lawsuit filed in federal court in WV for not making a payment to the previous owner since December of 2014.  The first week of March, they “sold” the station to Bryan Fowler (Fowler Media Partners), who continued the re-brand and format flip.  Fowler was, somehow, able to secure a trade of calls with the guy who owned the WPAY call letters.

Fowler and Expression are some of the worst owners in the business.  They have shady business practices, including shorting sales people on their commission, delayed payroll, bounced checks, failure to pay bills, and flat-out lying to their employees.  They (Expression) drove two of the most-talented local radio people off of the air here in southern Ohio with their shadiness.  Their current sales staff also leaves a lot to be desired with their condescending treatment of existing clients and local community entities.  Most condescending of all of them is Fowler, though — he can do no wrong… ever…… just ask him (or his buddies, Dave Diddle and Josh Wellington).

schmave

No it isn’t, plant. LOL They have robots on here now as well? Expression doesn’t even own the station, they gave it to their buddy while they try and avoid lawsuit for never paying for the station in the first place. The previous format was great, trust me. The signal, among other things, were not.
    A plant? Not really. I do not know Chad personally, but I’m confident he’s neither a plant nor a bot. He’s remarked on this board and another many of us have frequented in previous years that he likes WPAY and its music, and the reach of its former signal as well.
    While clearly the 98.3 signal has no chance in the world of reaching Columbus, it’s nice to see that area has this format back.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  schmave.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php