99.5 HD2/106.1 Caught In A "Breeze"

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Cleveland 99.5 HD2/106.1 Caught In A "Breeze"

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Crazy Monkey 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

michael p
    Participant

W291BV 106.1 is also now simulcasting the “Breeze” format…

I’ve been listening to The Breeze on 99.5 HD2.  I flipped to 106.1 and heard a Hip-Hop/Urban formatted station, not The Breeze. This was at W150 & Brookpark.  Is there more than 0ne 106.1 translator in the area? I know of 2 101.5 translators on the East Side spaced fairly close together (why is that?).

Nathan Obral
    Participant

I’ve been listening to The Breeze on 99.5 HD2. I flipped to 106.1 and heard a Hip-Hop/Urban formatted station, not The Breeze. This was at W150 & Brookpark. Is there more than 0ne 106.1 translator in the area? I know of 2 101.5 translators on the East Side spaced fairly close together (why is that?).

iHeart and owner EMF upgraded the signal pattern of W295BV/106.1 to cover the whole market, and the source feed for the translator was switched (per existent FCC records) to WAKS/96.5-HD2.

The carriage of “Breeze” on 106.1 was a cheap and easy stunt. Nothing more. If you want to listen to the format, it’s more practical to get the actual iHeart app and listen to the national “Breeze” feed than scouring Craig’s List and eBay for an HD Radio just so you can hear the same exact feed.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

michael p
    Participant

I’ve been listening to The Breeze on 99.5 HD2. I flipped to 106.1 and heard a Hip-Hop/Urban formatted station, not The Breeze. This was at W150 & Brookpark. Is there more than 0ne 106.1 translator in the area? I know of 2 101.5 translators on the East Side spaced fairly close together (why is that?).

iHeart and owner EMF upgraded the signal pattern of W295BV/106.1 to cover the whole market, and the source feed for the translator was switched (per existent FCC records) to WAKS/96.5-HD2. The carriage of “Breeze” on 106.1 was a cheap and easy stunt. Nothing more. If you want to listen to the format, it’s more practical to get the actual iHeart app and listen to the national “Breeze” feed than scouring Craig’s List and eBay for an HD Radio just so you can hear the same exact feed.

I have 2 HD radios, one in-car and the other a small USB chargeable “walkman”.  So the Breeze in not being carried on any translator at the moment?  Is 106.1 new expanded coverage similar to WTAM 106.9?

Nathan Obral
    Participant

106.1 has a significant null to the southwest due to WVNO in Mansfield. It’s very directional like 106.9, which has to avoid anything south of I-480 due to WRQK. Both 106.1 and 106.9 are on the former WUAB tower in Parma (WHLK 106.5 is now the primary occupant).

You are correct, The Breeze is not carried on any translator. But even then, it wasn’t and isn’t being programmed locally or had any unique characteristics about it. Honestly, no one noticed The Breeze ever existed on 106.1 beyond us.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

michael p
    Participant

106.1 has a significant null to the southwest due to WVNO in Mansfield. It’s very directional like 106.9, which has to avoid anything south of I-480 due to WRQK. Both 106.1 and 106.9 are on the former WUAB tower in Parma (WHLK 106.5 is now the primary occupant). You are correct, The Breeze is not carried on any translator. But even then, it wasn’t and isn’t being programmed locally or had any unique characteristics about it. Honestly, no one noticed The Breeze ever existed on 106.1 beyond us.

I get 106.9 south of 480 in Parma.  I hear blips of WRQK as I pull into my driveway, but other than that it’s 99% WTAM 1% WRQK on Pleasant Valley east of State and 100% “The Big One” west of State.

Crazy Monkey
    Participant

Here in Akron, the WTAM 106.9 translator is just a rumor.  It’s a solid signal from both blowtorch WTAM 1100 and WRQK Canton at my location.  A couple weeks ago when I drove to Toledo, I was surprised that WTAM’s 106.9 repeater could be heard in Erie County easily.  It’s amazing how tightly these FM stations are now nulled to shoehorn them into a small space.  It seems they’ve got the coverage down to the nearest inch.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php