Annoying ads

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Cleveland

• Participant

Is anyone else getting tired of all those radio and TV ad for Best Fiends game?

Participant

I haven’t seen or heard anything about “Best Fiends”.  Where have you been seeing these ads?

Participant

I haven’t seen or heard anything about “Best Fiends”. Where have you been seeing these ads?

More like “hearing” than “seeing” [unless there are TV ads for it also] but WMJI [and probably all iheart stations] seem to have it in every one of their ad breaks.

Participant

I’ve also been seeing their ads on TV.  Maybe they just air on the sub-channels (i.e. Antenna TV, Decades, etc).

Participant

Cleveland radio somehow hasn’t been subjected to the plague that is 1-877-KARS-4-KIDS.

Of course WKNR is the only station that hawks Joe Bee’s, as the snake oil salesmen behind it clearly hold equity in the station (and until the current contract ends, those sorry ads air on the Browns Radio Network). But as bad as they are, they aren’t as bad as a sham car donation charity.

Is anyone else getting tired of all those radio and TV ad for Best Fiends game

I know what you’re talking about, but the jingle for that app game is so unremarkable, I can’t place it at all.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant

Here’s a hint guys…CHANGE THE STATION.

Or better yet, pull out a thumb drive with your favorite music on it. (Or, if you’re really old school: CDs or an iPod).

Except for a few NPR network talk programs…depending on the topic…..or a ballgame, I stopped listening to radio (OTA or streamed) YEARS ago, except for very brief periods just to see “what they’re doing”.  You can sample all kinds of music, new or old, on You Tube.

Is there anything really compelling about most radio in 2019? It’s the same style of back-sells, contests, liners, promos, commercial sets. and mindless jock yammerings we’ve been hearing for 30+ years. Rare is there something said or played that is truly new and creative.

Look where we are discussing this: ON LINE.

Hate to sound so negative about radio (even local TV)…but those industries have declined in programming quality in most places. We have much better alternatives, on demand. We deserve much better if radio wants to win most of us back and off the web.

Participant

Actually, I don’t listen to radio very much anymore. I listen to the morning show on WMJI before I go to work. And maybe the news or a ballgame.  Speaking of WMJI,  Jimmy Malone is down to 3 days a week now.  Maybe he is getting ready to pull the plug.  Not sure what happens to the morning show when he leaves.

Participant

Actually, I don’t listen to radio very much anymore. I listen to the morning show on WMJI before I go to work. And maybe the news or a ballgame. Speaking of WMJI, Jimmy Malone is down to 3 days a week now. Maybe he is getting ready to pull the plug. Not sure what happens to the morning show when he leaves.

Close to 35 years for Jimmy at WMJI, 28 as a co-host on the morning show alone. He can retire on his own accord whenever he wants to.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant

Not necessarily an annoying ad, but one that leaves me scratching my head, its a spot on The Fan that Bull and Fox recorded for brunch at Rosewood Grill.  Pretty sure they did it in one take, total over the top schilling, and then Bull does what I think is supposed to be a Fred Flintstone impression at the end….maybe??  Then again it stuck in my head, so, bravo guys, lol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php