August PPM Ratings Boston

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Boston

• Participant

Participant

highly suspect numbers as i don’t see B87 or Big City on the list which have got to be the top 2 stations in Boston proper (completely unfamiliar with Brockton’s dial and suburbs) to the point if you hear music coming out of a car, it’s either B87 or Big City or if it’s not one of those two stations it’s not coming off the radio but some sort of online app (Slam/Hot-FM Barbados sounds like the #3 and #4 at least here around Codman Square).  So presumably they’re boycotting listing the most listened to stations because they don’t have licenses but they ought to disclose they’re doing this as it heavily skews the stats by omitting the most popular stations. I can guarantee you nobody was listening to 98.1 Urban Heat because you couldn’t get it Boston, which is a shame but i guess a lost cause a this point as apparently they couldn’t come up with enough money running ads for classy upscale Lower Mills lounge nights to pay the bills. to me the real ratings contest this month is between WZBR and WHRB’s respective Jazz stations . like that WHRB has human announcing every 60 minutes or so to tell you what they’ve played, and love the genuine vinyl crackle, but i think i love WZBR’s tail-end-of-bigband jazz more , genrewise . hopefully they can add human announcers or maybe oh.. B87 or Big City could rent airtime on 1.41 MHz so they can be legally added to the top of the Nielsen list where they belong

Participant

B87.7 and Big City should NOT show in ratings because…

#1: Illegal Operations

#2: The Boston Market consists of more than Dorchester/Mattapan/Roxbury.

#3: Signal not strong enough ANYWAY to garner any rating higher than PERHAPS 0.1

Participant

highly suspect numbers as i don’t see B87 or Big City on the list which have got to be the top 2 stations in Boston proper

You are kidding, right?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More

css.php