Best of Cleveland radio

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Cleveland

• Participant

As we’re getting near the end of the year, I just want to get a feel of the room, so I’d like to know your opinions on the best in local Cleveland radio (of what’s here now…no blasts from the past please).

I’ll divide things up in separate categories:

General talk:

Wills & Snyder – WTAM

Mike Trivisonno – WTAM

Bob Frantz – WHK

Nolan, Malone. Kullik, and Tracy – WMJI

Mancave talk:

Really Big Show – WKNR

Carman and Lima – WKRK

Rover’s Morning Glory – WMMS

Alan Cox – WMMS

Sports talk:

Golden and Cherry – WKNR

Baskin and Phelps – WKRK

Bull & Fox – WKRK

Mike “Chico” Bormann – WKRK

Sports announcing teams:

Hamilton and Rosenhaus – Indians

Donovan and Dieken – Browns

Alcorn and Chones – Cavs

Keels and Lachey – Buckeyes

FM morning hosts:

Len Howser and Sara Carnes – WFHM

Slats – WNCX

Leeann and Wazz – WGAR

Tim Richards and Jen Toohey – WDOK

The Jeremiah Show – WQAL

Jacqueline Gerber – WCLV

Dan Deely and Grace Roberts – WNWV

Participant

If this is the best, I would hate to see the worst.  Aside from Jackie Gerber (who actually sounds like she has an education) and one or two others, most everyone on this list either play to the bottom feeders, or do the same boring crap month after month.

Participant

I’ll have to extend this to “The Best of Northeastern Ohio radio” as my two main choices are CRAIG ADAMS and BRUCE VAN DYKE who do the Morning Show on AM930, WEOL and the new 100.3FM, & JASON SOKOL, who does the aptly named “The Jason Sokol Show” Monday through Friday on 1590 WAKR.  WAKR also has an FM translator, but I can’t pick it up.

I also enjoy listening to the energetic MATT FONTANA on AM850, WKNR.  An unheralded great addition to the WKNR team.

I also join VJM in pointing out Bob Frantz on “The Answer”, WHK AM 1420.  He also does a Cleveland proud when filling in for the national talk show hosts on the Salem Radio Network.

Wills and Snyder on WTAM have good energy.

It’s too bad this thread is only for local area radio, so I can’t mention Dennis Prager.  So I won’t.  Oops, I just did.  Sorry (lol).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php