Bloomberg biz radio 1330 and 106.1

RadioInsight Community Forums Northeast Boston Bloomberg biz radio 1330 and 106.1

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  raccoonradio 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

raccoonradio
    Participant

Beasley announced starting tomorrow July 4, WRCA 1330 and its 106.1 translator will carry Bloomberg business news.No more Irish Channel.

WXKS 1200 from iHeart will also carry it a couple months then switch to something else.Would they put Rush etc on there (currently 1430) then?

Joseph_Gallant
    Participant

Raccoonradio asks:

WXKS-1200 from iHeart will also carry (Bloomberg Radio for) a couple months then switch to something else. Would they put Rush etc on there (currently on WKOX-1430) then?

I expect that the talk programming now on WKOX-1430 will migrate to WXKS-1200, along with a nationally-syndicated morning show and “Coast To Coast A.M.”, moving over (again) from WRKO-680, with WKOX becoming 24/7 Fox Sports Radio.

Look for 1200 to (again) become Talk 12009 around Labor Day.

Ironically, where I am in Norwood, Massachusetts, WRCA-1330 has a better night signal than WXKS-AM, although both stations broadcast from the same site (Sawmill Brook Parkway in Newton), which is about six or seven air miles from my house.

Joseph_Gallant
    Participant

I am a bit surprised, for I thought that Bloomberg might have purchased WXKS-1200 outright.

BRW
    Participant

I am a bit surprised, for I thought that Bloomberg might have purchased WXKS-1200 outright.

Not Bloomberg’s business model. They’re renters who use radio to promote and sell their financial service. Why would they buy on AM right now? AM is depreciating fast and audiences are declining faster. Why invest into something you can’t sell later? They’re not in business of losing money.

nowradioguy
    Participant

I expect that the talk programming now on WKOX-1430 will migrate to WXKS-1200, along with a nationally-syndicated morning show and “Coast To Coast A.M.”, moving over (again) from WRKO-680, with WKOX becoming 24/7 Fox Sports Radio. Look for 1200 to (again) become Talk 12009 around Labor Day.

Say, maybe Sandy Shack will land a spot on the reborn Talk 1200.

nowradioguy
    Participant

Actually, Joe, Bloomberg Business Radio was income for AM 1200, and iHeart needs all the $$$ they can get.
    I wonder which station does better monetarily: AM 850 with ESPN, or AM 1200 with BBR?

raccoonradio
    Participant

Maybe they’d do syndie talk on 1200 and their Fox Sports on 1430

rapking
    Participant

this format will not last no more than a year ( my prediction ) .

raccoonradio
    Participant

Bloomberg has rented 1200 from iHR for a few years now.Their checks clear.They’ve been on 1200 for over four years…

Wiki:

“On February 27, 2013, Clear Channel announced that WXKS would begin to carry Bloomberg Radio’s financial news and information programming as of March 1. “

Fenway1912
    Participant

Local traffic reports are now being tagged Bloomberg 106.1

Obviously Bloomberg wanted a FM signal in Boston and 106.1 being on top of the Hancock covers inside 128.

OldNewsGuy
    Participant

this format will not last no more than a year ( my prediction ) .

<br>

And what do you base this prediction on?

<br><br><br>

Fenway1912 wrote:
    Local traffic reports are now being tagged Bloomberg 106.1 Obviously Bloomberg wanted a FM signal in Boston and 106.1 being on top of the Hancock covers inside 128.Quote

<br>

I don’t think Bloomberg cares about an FM as much as they do the reach.
    Couple that with the fact that the woman who runs WRCA and the rest of the Beasley cluster is the same woman who ran Kiss and put negotiated a deal with Bloomberg for 1200AM.
    If Beasley offered them more reach with AM-FM-HD for the right price…then it was a no brainer for the Bloomberg people.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

Local traffic reports are now being tagged Bloomberg 106.1

Obviously Bloomberg wanted a FM signal in Boston and 106.1 being on top of the Hancock covers inside 128.

Bloomberg already had an FM outlet with WJMN 94.5-2 as part of the AM 1200 arrangement. What this shows is that next to absolutely no one in their target (and highly lucrative) niche audience has an HD Radio to speak of.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Charles Everett
    Participant
    Earth to Joseph: Bloomberg’s only O&O is AM 11-3-0 in New York City, which it has owned since 1993. The company’s other radio operations in the Bay Area, D.C., and Boston are all LMA’d.

Joseph_Gallant
    Participant

Since the 106.1 translator of WRCA-1330 has a signal that doesn’t go much further than Route 128, perhaps Bloomberg should promote both AM and FM, as in “Bloomberg 1330 and 106.1” or “Bloomberg 106.1 and 1330”.

Otherwise, listeners might not be aware that 1330 actually has a larger signal area, reaching many places 1330 doesn’t..

Joseph_Gallant
    Participant

Today (July 5th) around 12 Noon, WRCA-1330 and WXKS-1200 were broadcasting separate programming, but both from Bloomberg.

WXKS was running the regular Bloomberg Radio Network fare, while WRCA appears to have been broadcasting the sound portion of Bloomberg Television.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php