Cha Chi Loprete

RadioInsight Community Forums Northeast Boston Cha Chi Loprete

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Joseph_Gallant 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

DavidZ
    Participant

In today’s Boston Herald, Ernie Boch Jr’s look at music and pop culture from past to present feature announces that Cha Chi Loprete has announced he is leaving radio after 36 years. His final show on WZLX is this Sunday from 7 – 8 a.m.

Joseph_Gallant
    Participant

Cha-Chi LoPrete’s decision to leave WZLX-100.7 is likely a result of iHeart’s acquisition of that station.

I think he decided to jump before getting pushed.

In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if most (or even all) the other local announcers there get laid-off with the station going syndicated (with a format-appropriate syndicated morning show from sister company Premiere Networks) in morning drive and automated (with a little voicetracking) the rest of the time with the outside chance of one local personality staying.

mgpt6
    Participant

Will miss  Cha-Chi.   Will miss Cater Allan too  if IHeart turns ZLX automated.

Any idea if Celtics over flow games will still be on ZLX or will they be on Beasly cluster stations.

Joseph_Gallant
    Participant

MGPT16 asks:

Any idea if Celtics over flow games will still be on ZLX or will they be on Beasley cluster stations.

My guess is that overflow games will (perhaps not immediately) be bumped to either WBOS-92.9 or WROR-105.7.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Beasley tries to amend WBZ-98.5’s contracts with the Bruins and Celtics so that in future seasons when both teams play, the team at home stays on the “Sports Hub” while the team on the road gets bumped.

This is how conflicts between local radio broadcasts of NHL and NBA clubs are often handled in other cities if one station has broadcast rights to both teams (but it’s not always done that way).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php