Changes at WBNS-AM/FM

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Columbus Changes at WBNS-AM/FM

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NuRoo2 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MediaFan85
    Participant

Their OM leaves after 12 years with the stations.  He was there during the switch from Hot AC to Sports.  (This article was posted on the Cleveland board for some reason)

https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n35841

Sports WBNS-FM (97.1 The Fan)/Columbus, OH, Program Director Jay Taylor, who also served as Director of Programming & Operations for RadiOhio, exits after a 12-year run and the end of his current deal. While there, he oversaw the station’s flip from AC to all Sports in 2009. Prior to joining WBNS in May, 2006, Taylor was Regional Director/Operations for Triad/Biloxi-Gulfport, MS. Before that, he served as PD of KITS-FM/San Francisco and KOME-FM/San Jose.

Taylor said that he “wished nothing but the best for the staff of 97.1 The Fan… Brilliant team, and have been so proud of each and every person of this incredible sports radio franchise. I want to thank the entire team for our past victories, and wish them continued growth and success.”

schmave
    Participant

Interesting.

Have heard from people who have worked there that the station’s been running on cruise control for a while. Can’t imagine this portends too many changes … unless they are feeling some pressure from 105.7 doing well at all?

NuRoo2
    Participant

Based on Tom Taylor’s reporting on the latest Columbus PPM, 5th place was a non-subscribing station (presumably with a 6.1, since #4 QFM-96 had a 6.2 and #6 Sunny 95 had a 6).  I was guessing that this #5 was more likely The Blitz than 97.1, and the  OM change solidifies that guess — though it’s still just a guess.

OT, but speaking of the PPM, 93.3 the Bus had a healthy jump to third place — I believe for the first time ever (5.9 -> 6.7).  WOSU had the second biggest jump, going 3.9 -> 4.5.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php