chris Malone 97.7

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Boston

• Participant

whats is going on at 97.7  ? The P.D. and afternoon drive DJ Chris Malone “taking you home “is gone .

Participant

Participant

Could be a new sound on 97.7 next week.

Participant

97.7 might not be the only station to have something cooking…

Domain Insight 6/27: Pre July 4 Fireworks In Boston & Denver

Participant

97.7 The Beat Debuts In Boston

Launched at 6 am

Participant

Terrible move by I crap radio , Format will not last . Urban A/C was getting good ratings on this Small signal and they change it !!! SMDH . I guess they had to protect there Big signal 94.5 which been getting crappy ratings for a big signal . Thank good WZBR ( am 1410- 98.1 fm ) is still here .

Participant

Terrible move by I crap radio , Format will not last . Urban A/C was getting good ratings on this Small signal and they change it !!!

For those of us not in the market, what is the new format. From it’s descriptions, it seems like the new format IS Urban AC with a lot of crossovers.

Participant
    For those of us not in the market, what is the new format. From it’s descriptions, it seems like the new format IS Urban AC with a lot of crossovers.

Urban AC would still be at least somewhat current/recurrent-based.  This appears to be entirely gold-based.  If it helps, RAMP’s write-up uses the unofficial term “Classic CHR”.

Also, since WZLX’s PD is running this format, it might be positioned as a way to go after WROR from the other (i.e., non-Rock) side.

Participant

Thank good WZBR ( am 1410- 98.1 fm ) is still here .

yeah i guess hijacking the topic since don’t know what 97.7 is or was, probably spun past it numerous times but it always sounded too commercial/boring to stop but WZBR is the real deal for sure , it would be great if more people knew about it, and if they put SDR-grade AM in cars with the full bandwidth, cuz it sounds pretty good on AM and you can’t get it on FM in Boston (ok maybe you can get the Medfordish signal on a hilltop in Charlestown on FM but who’s gonna do that? DXers only.. well it’s still inspirational that you can do it legally and get on air with actual local programming and even play hip-hop just no rap gangster stuff only proper 1980s Electro funk

Participant

WZBR is the real deal for sure ,

What makes them “The Real Deal”?

I hope you are not offended if I say that I think WZBR will not be around for long.

Good intentions don’t trump a bad signal, the AM band, a translator in the wrong location, and leasing someone else’s signal.

That seems like a recipe for failure.

Participant

WZBR is the real deal for sure ,

What makes them “The Real Deal”? I hope you are not offended if I say that I think WZBR will not be around for long. Good intentions don’t trump a bad signal, the AM band, a translator in the wrong location, and leasing someone else’s signal. That seems like a recipe for failure.

Quote WZBR been here for over 4 years ( longer than 97.7 )

Participant

WZBR been here for over 4 years ( longer than 97.7 )

And still has signal problems and no ratings.

Participant

Thank good WZBR ( am 1410- 98.1 fm ) is still here .

yeah i guess hijacking the topic since don’t know what 97.7 is or was, probably spun past it numerous times but it always sounded too commercial/boring to stop but WZBR is the real deal for sure , it would be great if more people knew about it, and if they put SDR-grade AM in cars with the full bandwidth, cuz it sounds pretty good on AM and you can’t get it on FM in Boston (ok maybe you can get the Medfordish signal on a hilltop in Charlestown on FM but who’s gonna do that? DXers only.. well it’s still inspirational that you can do it legally and get on air with actual local programming and even play hip-hop just no rap gangster stuff only proper 1980s Electro funk

Ok that was a bad attempt at shade or whatever that was…97.7 is RIGHT next to 98.1..and they had the same format. One with a mediocre signal and one with none..One with a traceable cume audience and the other with none .If you listen to WZBR, your friends were likely listening to 97.7….
    The Urban AC format on 97.7 made perfect sense and performed well. Never had a station come to town and cross over appeal to everyone. This new thing iHeart is doing sounds so canned and forced. Forceably thinking people care about Jamn back in the day and Kiss..It’s 2019. Urban AC on 97.7 went down hill as soon as iheart picked them up…Cluelessness in Medford is no surprise.
    As for WZBR, it would be great for them to fill that void BUT to act like they have it all together is something everyone can see through. It’s leased by an owner who is ill (Langer). No one gets paid for their services ar WZBR. There’s no programming or marketing structure and all (if any) ad support is coming from a cash strapped Blue Hill Ave.. It will take a lot more than that to keep the minimal expenses paid (let alone develop a solid FM plan and pay their people and vendors). It won’t last long at it’s current rate..Just noise before death… Poor Boston and Urban adult music…It’s a sad story over and over again
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More

css.php