Christmas in Columbus 2019?

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Columbus

• Participant

Is it me or is this one of the longest in recent years that 93.3 WODC has stayed Classic Hits and not flipped to Christmas? Not even a hint of Christmas on their Facebook page or website. I know last year they didn’t flip until late but this year with Thanksgiving being the last week of Nov this could be one of their latest flips.

Participant

Given their continuing ratings slump, you’d think they would want to flip earlier rather than later this year.

Participant

Thanksgiving comes late this year. Historically WMJI flips to Christmas music the Thursday before thanksgiving. Safe to say that WODC will do the same.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant

Thanksgiving comes late this year. Historically WMJI flips to Christmas music the Thursday before thanksgiving. Safe to say that WODC will do the same.

We will see – last year WODC waited till Thanksgiving week!

Participant

Given their continuing ratings slump, you’d think they would want to flip earlier rather than later this year.

iHeart has had some struggles with multiple stations within their cluster..   but given WODC is being beat by WSNY, QFM 96 and even WOSU-FM (89.7) … The bus might be running out of steam.

Participant

We will see – last year WODC waited till Thanksgiving week!

If that’s when the Christmas PPM book starts, that’s when most stations will flip. But the book typically starts on a Thursday.

iHeart has had some struggles with multiple stations within their cluster.. but given WODC is being beat by WSNY, QFM 96 and even WOSU-FM (89.7) … The bus might be running out of steam.

The only stations WODC should be worried about are Sunny 95, Rewind and Mix, all of which are targeting the same demo. Not WOSU or QFM.

And there’s a strong likelihood that the key demo differences between Saga’s trio and WODC is almost negligible. WODC may simply not be getting many listeners outside of their target audience as Sunny is.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant

The only stations WODC should be worried about are Sunny 95, Rewind and Mix, all of which are targeting the same demo. Not WOSU or QFM. And there’s a strong likelihood that the key demo differences between Saga’s trio and WODC is almost negligible. WODC may simply not be getting many listeners outside of their target audience as Sunny is.

You overlooked one of the main competitors, namely Jack-FM.  In fact, it would be interesting to be able to see Jack’s ratings, especially viz WODC.  As for Mix, that seems to be in a different universe musically, and likely a younger demo as well.

Participant

As for Mix, that seems to be in a different universe musically, and likely a younger demo as well.

I don’t even consider Mix close to WODC – Mix is a HotAC/CHR it’s closest competition is WNCI I would think if SAGA had a better signal they might even beat WNCI in the books.

Participant

93.3 WODC finally flipped to Christmas music – Thanksgiving day.

Participant

Sunny 95 has also flipped to all Christmas as of Thanksgiving.

Participant

As of this evening AM 920/FM 95.1 “Easy 920” has flipped to Classic Christmas music!

Participant

At 1am ET (They run Salem’s Today Christian Music from Nashville) flipped to 24/7 Christmas. I noticed that Salem weighs heavy on non format artists for their Christmas music.

Participant

At 1am ET (They run Salem’s Today Christian Music from Nashville) flipped to 24/7 Christmas. I noticed that Salem weighs heavy on non format artists for their Christmas music.

I was talking about 95.9 The Fish here 🙂

104.9 is also now Christmas – I find it interesting that both CCMs in town weigh heavy on non format artists.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php