Cleveland Indians on 95.9 The Fish

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Columbus

• Participant

Title says it all. A Cleveland Indians game is airing on 95.9 The Fish as we speak, so I guess they’re a member of the Indians radio network.

Participant

The Cleveland Indians Radio Network only had an HD2 signal in Columbus (you can hear the legal ID for the HD2 signal WODC HD2 on WTAM during the games) before the Columbus Fish signed on.

I’m surprised how few affiliates The Indians radio network has in Central Ohio.   I tried to find affiliates when I went to Dayton for Hamvention last month.  Even WODC’s HD2 signal was off the air the Sunday morning when I was driving back home from Dayton on I-70.

Participant

So the Indians are now on a 250-watt translator of an HD2 station that is a repeater of a Cleveland Christian station. I’m not sure that’s much of an improvement over the WODC HD2 situation. Here in northwest Columbus, the game is listenable, if you don’t mind what I assume to be WYNT in the background.

At least on WODC HD2, the games could be heard in a much wider area.

Participant

I gave them too much credit, they are only 99 watts. Explains why the ‘real’ radio station to the north bleeds in so badly.

Participant

So the Indians are now on a 250-watt translator of an HD2 station that is a repeater of a Cleveland Christian station. I’m not sure that’s much of an improvement over the WODC HD2 situation. Here in northwest Columbus, the game is listenable, if you don’t mind what I assume to be WYNT in the background. At least on WODC HD2, the games could be heard in a much wider area.

95.9 is just a repeater of  Cleveland’s 95.5? :0   Being from the Cleveland area I presumed it was a full power Columbus station owned by Salem running The Fish format.

Participant

So the Indians are now on a 250-watt translator of an HD2 station that is a repeater of a Cleveland Christian station. I’m not sure that’s much of an improvement over the WODC HD2 situation. Here in northwest Columbus, the game is listenable, if you don’t mind what I assume to be WYNT in the background. At least on WODC HD2, the games could be heard in a much wider area.

95.9 is just a repeater of Cleveland’s 95.5? :0 Being from the Cleveland area I presumed it was a full power Columbus station owned by Salem running The Fish format.
    I just checked out 95.9 The FISH web site.  They are not a repeater of the Cleveland Fish – they are being run as its own station with a different DJ in the same time slot.  They must be on an HD2 somewhere in Columbus.

Participant

95.9 the Fish Columbus Is Connected to WTOH 98.9 HD2.

WTOH HD1 signal is Salems “98.9 The Answer” conservative talk format.

Salem also has WRFD in Columbus 880/104.5

As far as the Indians go they no longer list WODC HD2 on the station list for Columbus. only 95.9

https://www.mlb.com/indians/fans/radio-affiliates

Participant

95.9 the Fish Columbus Is Connected to WTOH 98.9 HD2. WTOH HD1 signal is Salems “98.9 The Answer” conservative talk format. Salem also has WRFD in Columbus 880/104.5 As far as the Indians go they no longer list WODC HD2 on the station list for Columbus. only 95.9 https://www.mlb.com/indians/fans/radio-affiliates

I was listening to the Reds at Indians game this afternoon on WTAM ‘s repeater (106.9).  They still mentioned WODC HD2 on the top of the hour legal ID (but not the 106.9 repeater’s ID!?!).

Participant

95.9 The Fish as someone said does not repeat The Fish out of Cleveland – their only common thing is they share the same name and maybe some dayparts (I can’t remember if Cleveland runs Salem’s “Today’s Christian Music” satellite music format that 95.9 The Fish does).

However with that said – 95.9 has nothing “local” except the commercials it airs. I doubt it even has a studio at the Salem Media  of Ohio Studio site on N High St just north of Worthington.

I can’t blame Salem for picking this up – Yes it’s a translator repeating an HD-2 but at least their back on the FM dial in Columbus – I am sure that’s all the Indians folks cared about is not being shipped off to an HD-2 with no transitional FM signal like iHeart Radio did with them on WODC HD-2.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php