Columbus Dec 18 PPMs

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Columbus Columbus Dec 18 PPMs

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NuRoo2 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

xmusicmatt
    Participant

WOW! I can’t remember when I last saw WNCI that low. WCOL’s been the top for awhile. I know Country is popular and they don’t have direct competition in Columbus but still.. Dave Robbins has to be rolling in his gave on that one. I honestly think all the “out of market VTing” hurts WNCI I know Columbus isn’t NYC but I can’t fathom how a signal as big as WNCI can’t go local 24/7 with compelling content and not Ryan Seacrest talking about the latest celeb sleaze between the hits.

Sunny clearly was the winner when it came to “Christmas in Columbus” with their spot. Clearly WODC didn’t win anything this year by flipping to Christmas – they barely moved a blip in December.

WCVO Saw a nice slip – I wonder if a lot of their usual listeners flipped to places like Sunny in December for 24/7 Christmas (WCVO tried a different strategy this year by not going 24/7 Christmas Black Friday like everyone else does).

NuRoo2
    Participant

Dave Robbins died?!

As I mentioned in another thread, WNCI’s 6.8 dropped it down from its “standard” #2 spot (after WCOL) all the way to #5, just above 93.3 the Bus.  (Since we can’t see the Blitz’s numbers, it’s possible WNCI isn’t even in the top 5.)  And CHR isn’t doing great nationally, but WNCI’s drop is still surprising.

Despite being called the “December” PPMs, these ratings cover the 4 weeks ending 12/5, so it would only include 2 weeks of Christmas music for 93.3. and WSNY.  But these “early returns” suggest WSNY will “win” Christmas this year.

Eric Jon Magnuson
    Participant

Dave Robbins died?!

Sadly, he passed away in the middle of last month.  The initial services may have been held last week, in Florida; however, there may also be a local observance still to come.

Services Set For Dave Robbins

NuRoo2
    Participant

Dave Robbins died?!

Sadly, he passed away in the middle of last month. The initial services may have been held last week, in Florida; however, there may also be a local observance still to come.

Services Set For Dave Robbins

That’s really, really a shame, and a shock to me.

NuRoo2
    Participant

WNCI’s 6.8 dropped it down from its “standard” #2 spot (after WCOL) all the way to #5, just above 93.3 the Bus.

Correction, for the record:  The #6 (listed) station is WTVN.  93.3 is #7.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php