Columbus March 2018 PPM

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Columbus Columbus March 2018 PPM

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  xmusicmatt 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

NuRoo2
    Participant

WCOL and WNCI retain their usual #1 and #2 rankings, although COL is up over a point while NCI is down a point. Otherwise things looked pretty much the same as usual, although a few things caught my eye:

WODC the Bus edged out WSNY for fourth place. That’s the first time outside of the holidays I can recall that happening, although for all practical purposes it was a tie — 6.0 to 5.9. (WLVQ stayed in third place). Despite their positioning as a “Play Anything” Adult Hits station, musically I find 93.3 is just a Classic Hits station with mostly 80s and a handful of earlier and later stuff thrown in (and their imaging of having the biggest on-air 80s library sure doesn’t ring true…it seems pretty tight). But I guess it’s working,

WTVN continued its downtrend, going 7.1-6.1-5.4 over the last three PPMs. In fact, this may be the first non-holiday period where they were below WODC, too. WOSU’s very different brand of News Talk is next in the rankings after WTVN — but still about a point behind at a stable 4.3. I wonder how much Corby’s untimely passing may have contributed to WTVN’s decline? EDIT: Looking back I see that WTVN’s 7.1 a few months back was uncharacteristically high for them. They typically seem to inhabit the 5.5-6.5 range.

Of course as usual we don’t know where the Nabco or Salem stations, or WWCD or WNKO fall. And as of last month in-and-out WBNS-FM (and AM) look to be non-subscribers again.

delgriffith
    Participant

I wish Nielson would go back to the old days of Arbitron when they would give the 6+ numbers for all stations that showed.

xmusicmatt
    Participant

I wish Nielson would go back to the old days of Arbitron when they would give the 6+ numbers for all stations that showed.

I agree! It made for more interesting discussions.

One thing I noticed- I can’t remember when seeing WYTS have that high of a number in a PPM book.. The throwback format (which I am sure is mostly being listened to online or via their translator at 105.3) is doing well for such a small signal.

One to note – Doesn’t seem that WCKX doing a simulcast 106.3/107.5 has helped them much – their still struggling with 106.7 The Beat.

NuRoo2
    Participant

I’ve noticed that Nielsen has been listing online streams separately from the broadcast station for awhile.  Since no streams appear for Columbus, apparently streaming contributes less than .1 of WYTS’s share (or any other subscribing station’s share).

schmave
    Participant

I will be shocked if that frequency ever amounts to anything again. Definition of a throwaway signal.

xmusicmatt
    Participant

I’ve noticed that Nielsen has been listing online streams separately from the broadcast station for awhile. Since no streams appear for Columbus, apparently streaming contributes less than .1 of WYTS’s share (or any other subscribing station’s share).

Which means quite a few listening to AM 1230 or the flea powered translator at 105.3. It’s crazy to think it’s beating a higher powered FM next door at 105.7. Which makes me wonder why the folks over at 106.3 thought it would be better to kill off their “throwback” format and put a simulcast of 107.5 on 106.3 (which hasn’t really improved things much for WCKX).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php