Country station gets on SF ratings

RadioInsight Community Forums West Coast San Francisco / San Jose Country station gets on SF ratings

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MTN Productions 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

joebenjamin
    Participant

KLIV barely got on with a .1 but this Brooklynite who listens to it online is happy for SF which needs a country station.I fought for a country station and now I have two at home and one in the car.

joebenjamin
    Participant

KLIV barely got on with a .1 but this Brooklynite who listens to it online is happy for SF which needs a country station.I fought for a country station and now I have two at home and one in the car.

Now it is history.

MTN Productions
    Participant

And speaking of KLIV, I got some sad news, KLIV is pulling the plug at 12:00 AM tonight. That means the station is going dark after 3 years of playing classic country to the San Jose area. I’m planning on recording the final hour of KLIV at 2 AM if I live in New York if you are still sleeping. By 3 AM EST/12 AM PST, KLIV will sign off forever.

It happened first when KSWD’s “The Sound” in Los Angeles pulled the plug back in November 2017 where it flipped to “K-Love” from classic rock, and then a month later, WGHT when it was an oldies station in Pompton Lakes, NJ signed off forever, and then, 2 weeks later on New Year’s Eve 2017, WLIX-LP out on Long Island signed off forever at noon, and finally, there’s KQV where it signed off forever at midnight where they welcomed in 2018. And now, a year later, it’s KLIV’s turn to sign off by early Monday morning.

What a sad day in radio. If you haven’t seen it, here it is.

San Jose’s KLIV going silent after 73 years — for now

MTN Productions
    Participant

In case you missed it early yesterday morning, hear is a short clip of the final sign-off of KLIV as done by the station’s chief engineer Mike Danberger. Like I said, I have nothing else to say about it. Enjoy!

In addition, this is the final hour of KLIV from early yesterday morning. It features country music, along with the final song called “I Wanna Talk About Me” by Toby Keith and Mike Danberger did his final sign-off. Enjoy while you can!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13WmM_OoYT9jK-4Rd5VVks_iqOJmH-MIv

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php