Entercom's Sacramento cluster Post-CBS Radio Merger

RI Community Forums West Coast Sacramento / Northern California Entercom's Sacramento cluster Post-CBS Radio Merger

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of miketheradioguy miketheradioguy 3 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of miketheradioguy
    miketheradioguy
    Participant

I know that Sacramento is one of the six markets where Entercom will need to divest radio stations in order to comply with the FCC ownership limits. Since they turned in the license for 107.9 The End and moved the format to 106.5 last month in the wake of the planned merger with CBS Radio, there are two possibilities of what will happen to CBS Radio’s stations in Sacramento. 1). Entercom will acquire KHTK/1140 AM and one of CBS Radio’s FM stations to fill in the void for 107.9 and divest the remaining FM stations. 2). Entercom will divest CBS Radio’s entire Sacramento cluster plus two additional FM stations, leaving Entercom with two FM stations in Sacramento. As for the divested stations, I don’t know who would possible acquire those stations in the Sacramento market since are no other radio owners (except iHeartMedia, who owns 4 FM stations and could be a possible buyer for one of the FM stations) who would acquire the stations. It’s very likely that someone new will enter the Sacramento radio market.

Profile photo of miketheradioguy
    miketheradioguy
    Participant

Since nobody likes my idea of Entercom divesting stations to iHeartMedia, Here’s what I anticipate what will happen in Sacramento once the merger closes:

1. Entercom should keep 106.5 KUDL, 94.7 KKDO, 98.5 KRXQ, 100.5 KZZO, 96.1 KYMX, 1320 KIFM, and 1140 KHTK.

2. Entercom should divest the following stations to Lotus Communications: 96.9 KSEG, 105.1 KNCI, and 102.5 KSFM. Lotus currently owns KMJE 890 AM and KMJE-FM 92.1 FM in Sacramento.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar