Good News: Channel 955 is adding more Pop acts

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Detroit / Michigan Good News: Channel 955 is adding more Pop acts

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dugan 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

dsportsgirl
    Participant

Yes, Channel 955 is adding more Pop and Dance/EDM act in the wake of 98.7 Amp Radio drop top 40 last week, but they will continue to play some Hip-Hop hits. In addition to that, they holding a Big Show at Little Caesars Arena next month along with 97.9WJLB. Also, WDVD is planning to eliminate all the 1980s and 1990s music and add more pop, EDM, and more Hip-Hop acts since they already had Flo Rida, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, and more.

dsportsgirl
    Participant

Last week, the station added “Youngblood” by 5 Second of Summer.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

iHeart allows for little variance for how their music stations are programmed. If 95.5 added music from X artist, it’s because the music logs in New York told them to do so. It has little to nothing to do with what happened at 98.7, which couldn’t compete with 95.5.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

dsportsgirl
    Participant

Good news: Detroit might be getting another Top 40 soon in the wake of 98.7 Amp Radio switch to Soft Rock last week. Rumors say that 93.1 Nash FM most likely to be dropping out of country soon. This means that if this happens, WDRQ would returns to Top 40 for the first time since 2005.

dsportsgirl
    Participant

If WDRQ flipping to Top 40, WDVD will continue to play 1980s and 1990s music.

dsportsgirl
    Participant

iHeart allows for little variance for how their music stations are programmed. If 95.5 added music from X artist, it’s because the music logs in New York told them to do so. It has little to nothing to do with what happened at 98.7, which couldn’t compete with 95.5.

Quote I hope that 93.1 could reunite with 95.5 for the first time in 13 years.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

I hope that 93.1 could reunite with 95.5 for the first time in 13 years.

1. Where are you hearing these rumors about WDRQ flipping? Seriously.
    2. NASH is still one of Cumulus’s format initiatives despite the overall failure of the brand on a national scale. They will not torch the brand in a Top 20 market.
    3. Have you listened to any of Cumulus’ Top 40 stations? Outside of Q100 in Atlanta and KRBE in Atlanta, they don’t do CHR well at all. WDRQ would be a total dud against 95.5, Cumulus knows this.

dsportsgirl
    Participant

I hope that 93.1 could reunite with 95.5 for the first time in 13 years.

1. Where are you hearing these rumors about WDRQ flipping? Seriously.
    2. NASH is still one of Cumulus’s format initiatives despite the overall failure of the brand on a national scale. They will not torch the brand in a Top 20 market.
    3. Have you listened to any of Cumulus’ Top 40 stations? Outside of Q100 in Atlanta and KRBE in Houston, they don’t do CHR well at all. WDRQ would be a total dud against 95.5, Cumulus knows this.
    Quote I read the Wikipedia this week that rumors say if their ratings are continue to go very low, they could likely to flipping to top 40. Look how 98.7 did, they dropped top 40 2 weeks ago and flipped to soft AC. Also, they did cancel their annual Kingle Ball next month due to their format change.

ma gee
    Participant

Let’s cut to the chase.

What you claim about Wikipedia was a revision that has since been removed. Furthermore, when reviewing the edit history, the citation you mention is written with the same errors of grammar you make when posting here.

Creating rumors based on your personal desires and then posting them here does no one any good. Respectfully, I’d like to ask that you stop doing so.

If not, perhaps “dsportsgirl who cries wolf” would be a better screen name for you? Doing so might offer a hint into what most of us have already learned. What you post here is without any basis in fact.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

I read the Wikipedia this week that rumors say if their ratings are continue to go very low, they could likely to flipping to top 40. Look how 98.7 did, they dropped top 40 2 weeks ago and flipped to soft AC. Also, they did cancel their annual Kingle Ball next month due to their format change.

Someone vandalized the Wikipedia article on WDRQ and you posted it as the gospel truth. Good lord.

In fact, that IP address’s lone activity on Wikipedia has been with regards to that vandalism of said WDRQ article.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Nathan Obral.

dugan
    Participant

First of all WDRQ is and will be a Country Station until Cumulus decides to change it now I don’t know who started this rumor and at this point I don’t care just because Detroit had a station change format recently that was Top 40 doesn’t mean WDRQ will change back to Top 40. So please stop the B.S.Rumors and please grow up.This is a good example of why you should not believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet and that includes Wikipedia which by the way anybody can edit.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  dugan.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php