Goofy 1480 Gone from the Mouse House

RadioInsight Community Forums Southeast Charlotte Goofy 1480 Gone from the Mouse House

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Test123 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mike704

I don’t know exactly when it happened but they are off the air.

I don’t know who I’m hearing doing the Washington Redskins game on 1450 but they totally missed the Legal ID break the network just gave them, just silence, way to go!

audioguy
    Participant

I just checked the Radio Disney web site and I couldn’t find anything about “radio” anywhere on it, except for the EEO reports linked at the bottom. No mention of frequencies, where to tune, or that the radio service per se is going away. Maybe the info is there somewhere but I didn’t see it.

Tom McNally
    Participant

The Station / EEO link lists cities, frequencies and call letters in a table, complete info on address, phone numbers etc when you click on a station.

http://cdn.dolimg.com/en-US/radiodisney/media/EEO/EEO_Reports%207.31.14.pdf

raccoonradio
    Participant

This page has a list of RDisney stations etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Disney
    most if not all of the doomed stations prob don’t bother with individual websites…poss. a facebook but more likely the FB is for all of Radio Disney

Mike704

Never mind, they are back on again. I swear they were off last Sunday.

Mike704

They are still on the air doing Radio Disney. I thought Disney would be taking it silent but guess that wasn’t the plan.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

They are still on the air doing Radio Disney. I thought Disney would be taking it silent but guess that wasn’t the plan.

They backed off from that at the literal last minute.

Someone from Disney’s stable of lawyers told them that it wouldn’t look good for them in the eyes of the FCC if they turned off multiple AM signals simultaneously, especially in markets where Disney already owns key TV stations like New York, Philadelphia and Chicago.

Outside of KDIS/LA, none of the Radio Disney stations have any local staffers; all of which were let go after that inital September date. Maybe a PT engineer or two are contracted to make sure the transmitter still functions and to shut it off in the event of a sale, but that’s about it. They are all running the national feed with zero local content.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

The Station / EEO link lists cities, frequencies and call letters in a table, complete info on address, phone numbers etc when you click on a station.

http://cdn.dolimg.com/en-US/radiodisney/media/EEO/EEO_Reports%207.31.14.pdf

Outside of KDIS/LA, none of the Radio Disney stations have any local staffers; all of which were let go after that inital September date. Maybe a PT engineer or two are contracted to make sure the transmitter still functions and to shut it off in the event of a sale, but that’s about it. They are all running the national feed with zero local content.

The ultimate “Equal Opportunity Employer” is one where there is no opportunity for employment. -Curt

vchimpanzee

Are they still on the air?

I ask because WSTP in Salisbury has been off the air for a while (and I should have thought to take advantage of that). Catawba College bought the station and doesn’t want to do political talk as that conflicts with the college’s goals, whatever that means. Their other station does standards and will keep that format. I thought with the college using both stations to teach students, at least one might have music that would appeal to them, but after reading a newspaper article saying the station was ready to return, and not seeing what the format would be, I finally remembered to check yesterday. There was nothing there that I could tell last Wednesday when it was apparently supposed to come back, but yesterday it was Real Country. That seems a strange choice since Statesville already has that on WAME. And I find it hard to believe students will like that. Some of the standards, maybe, since younger people like Michael Buble are performing some of those songs.

Anyway, if Radio Disney is still on, no one in Charlotte will be able to find out what WSTP is doing, unless it’s online.

Test123

WSTP never went off the air. When they stopped the talk format they ‘stunted’ with a heartbeat for a couple of weeks. They have a contract to run Charlotte Hornets basketball so they had to interrupt the heartbeat to air the games. They switched to Classical music a week or so before they started the classic country format. Transmitter was on the whole time.

I am not sure what the idea is behind the country format either. Truth is the stations are actually owned by a Salisbury Lawyer named Bill Graham. There is talk of building a facility on Catawba’s campus. The stations along with the National Sportcasters and Sportwriters Association will eventually be part of a sports broadcasting program at Catawba. Not sure how long that will take as fund raising is said to be slow…

Back to WGFY…I tuned in yesterday and it still sounds like Radio Disney to me. A Church bought the station so you would think they would be switching to some sort of religious programming at some point…

Testing123

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php