Harvard's WHRB is threatened with probation

RadioInsight Community Forums Northeast Boston Harvard's WHRB is threatened with probation

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Uncle Kaimbridge 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

crankyyankee
    Participant

OldNewsGuy
    Participant

I thought WHRB was part of a trust or something and independent. I didn’t think Harvard controlled it any more. No?

Neg Ative
    Participant

I thought WHRB was part of a trust or something and independent. I didn’t think Harvard controlled it any more. No?

Someone needs to tell the ahole Administrator to read the station website.
    “Harvard Radio Broadcasting Co., Inc. is a private, non-profit corporation operated on a volunteer basis by undergraduates at Harvard College. Policy and programming decisions are made entirely by undergraduate members. The principal purpose of WHRB is to offer musical, cultural, educational, informational, and other programs and materials for the entertainment and profit of the public, and for the education and training of its staff.”
    The FCC would take a VERY dim view of a complaint of an outside entity( Harvard University) controlling the station (Harvard Radio Broadcasting)  without a LMA in place….  Straw ownership is frowned upon.
    Something goes wrong and now Harvard University is a party to a lawsuit instead of just the Non Profit.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Neg Ative.

OldNewsGuy
    Participant

Someone needs to tell the ahole Administrator to read the station website.
    “Harvard Radio Broadcasting Co., Inc. is a private, non-profit corporation operated on a volunteer basis by undergraduates at Harvard College. Policy and programming decisions are made entirely by undergraduate members.
    While the programming decisions are made separately, it may hold the privilege of being a college sanctioned “student activity” as well.
    The “ahole Administrator” may hold over it that endorsement….as well as any funds that the college typically give to “college sanctioned student extra-circular actives”.
    The college therefor can get it’s way by threatening to remove any funding assistance, space and endorsement it provides.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

I’m trying to see what the actual problem is. Lil’ Pump is using his dropping out of Harvard as the centerpiece of his appearance at the college. He’s treating Harvard as a joke.

Since the radio station was supporting an event that made the college look bad, they’ll have to face the consequences.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Uncle Kaimbridge
    Participant

I’m trying to see what the actual problem is. Lil’ Pump is using his dropping out of Harvard as the centerpiece of his appearance at the college.

I think one of the comments at the bottom hit the nail on the head:

I suspect from reading the article, though, that the real issue might have to do with Mr. Pump’s use of the Harvard name in his work and the admin’s concern that an official student group gave him an advertising platform without obtaining approval from Harvard’s merchandising and trademark office.

~Uncle Kaimbridge~
           02205–2602–029
      [42.3509°N–71.0538°W (FN42li34nf)]

**** Void Where Permitted;
            Limit 0 Per Customer. ****

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php