HOWARD FRIEDMAN DIES, DISC JOCKEY 60's-70's

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Hudson Valley / Albany

• Participant

Howard Friedman, 71 of Scotia, near his home town of Schenectady has died. He was an on-air personality at a few stations in the Albany region including the overnighter at WOKO-1460 at a time when the FCC required a first class radiotelephone licensee to be on duty at a directional AM station at all times it was on the air. His last on air position was with WKOL-1570 Amsterdam(now WVTL) where I first became familiar with him as a fellow amateur radio operator in 1975. His air name was Howard Allen, Allen being his middle name. His first love  was engineering. I helped him change a board in the control room at WKOL while it was off the air at night. I later help him when a temporary radio station for WKOL when it was destroyed by fire in 1977. After WKOL, he briefly did engineering at WENY in Elmira. He also worked at WMHT-TV(PBS) Schenectady, and at WNYT-TV(NBC), Albany. Howie had health issues most of his life, but managed to keep going.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php