HOWARD FRIEDMAN DIES, DISC JOCKEY 60's-70's

RadioInsight Community Forums Northeast Hudson Valley / Albany HOWARD FRIEDMAN DIES, DISC JOCKEY 60's-70's

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Craig Knickerbocker 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Craig Knickerbocker
    Participant

Howard Friedman, 71 of Scotia, near his home town of Schenectady has died. He was an on-air personality at a few stations in the Albany region including the overnighter at WOKO-1460 at a time when the FCC required a first class radiotelephone licensee to be on duty at a directional AM station at all times it was on the air. His last on air position was with WKOL-1570 Amsterdam(now WVTL) where I first became familiar with him as a fellow amateur radio operator in 1975. His air name was Howard Allen, Allen being his middle name. His first love  was engineering. I helped him change a board in the control room at WKOL while it was off the air at night. I later help him when a temporary radio station for WKOL when it was destroyed by fire in 1977. After WKOL, he briefly did engineering at WENY in Elmira. He also worked at WMHT-TV(PBS) Schenectady, and at WNYT-TV(NBC), Albany. Howie had health issues most of his life, but managed to keep going.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php