If any of you know "Poledo"…

RI Community Forums Southeast North Florida If any of you know "Poledo"…

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alan Alan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alan
    Alan
    Participant

He asked me a question over on RadioDiscussions. I have the answer for him but I can’t log in over there anymore to respond. I thought he was on here but can’t find a profile.

Anyway I wanted to respond but don’t know how to reach him.

Alan

Owner, Delta Star Radio of Florida, Inc. / WDXD-LP 101.9
    www.bigdcountry.com

Profile photo of Poledo
    Poledo
    Participant

Right here.  What you got, Alan?

Profile photo of Alan
    Alan
    Participant

I saw your post on RD (which I can’t seem to log into anymore) about WSTT/Thomasville.

Before Marion Williams bought the station, it was owned by an elderly black man, John Pembroke, who put the black gospel format on. John and I became friends and I gave him some music to help him out. The Continental transmitter he had was frightful. No front panel and a box fan blowing into it for cooling. John talked about replacing it but ordered tubes from Econco instead. He had aspirations of moving WSTT to Tally but the feds wouldn’t approve that so he put it in Beachton.  He sold to Williams around 1999.

Chris has mentioned the expired CP and transmitter issues. I have not heard the long ID but will try to tune in and see if I can catch it, or the sign off, and see what it says. If they are running 25k I can’t tell it – signal is no better here east of Tally.

As for me, these days I am on non-comm country variety WDXD-LP 101.9 just east of Tally with a flame-throwing 33 watts ERP. I am putting a lot of time and effort into it, but it is truly enjoyable and I am loving radio again at last.

www.bigdcountry.com

Profile photo of Alan
    Alan
    Participant

I was able to chat with friend Bill James, who works at WSTT, this afternoon. Also listened from about 4 pm to sign off.

They are apparently still running 5,000 watts day. Regular ID and sign off says “5 kilowatts.” They do not use ther 27 watts night power at all.

www.bigdcountry.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register

css.php
Skip to toolbar