IHeart Stations

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Cincinnati IHeart Stations

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  microbob 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lil_red_man
    Participant

When they finally fold from being bankrupt who would you like to see get their stations here in Cincinnati and Dayton?

I would love to see cox get them since Cumulus wont be able too with all the stations they own already.

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  lil_red_man.

borderblaster
    Participant

They aren’t going to fold so no one is getting those stations other than a re-structured iHeart.

microbob
    Participant

If IHM files chapter 11 they may have to sell off some properties. I doubt they would have to sell off any signals in Cincinnati. There’s some attempt to to do a prepackaged bankruptcy where another company could come in like Liberty Media and begin buying their debt. They have made an offer to buy 40% of the company once they emerge from bankruptcy.

To answer your question, Beasley would be my choice as a buyer of the Cincinnati cluster. They would be the perfect broadcast company to run the IHM stations in Cincinnati. Cox is rumored to be putting Dayton and Atlanta up for sale so they may not want to enter the Cincinnati market.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  microbob.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  microbob.

allfirdup
    Participant

Cox is rumored to be putting Dayton and Atlanta up for sale so they may not want to enter the Cincinnati market.

Cox is rumored to be dumping medium size markets except Dayton (its original home) and Atlanta (its home now) they want markets where they have radio and tv outlets possibly newspaper like they do in Dayton. Tom Taylor had a write up about this on Monday.

microbob
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I read it wrong or my dyslexia kicked in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php