Is WBZ doing WRKO news updates?

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Boston

• Participant

Heard WBZ anchors doing news and sports on WRKO this morning…in AM drive…same anchors working that WBZ shift

Participant

Heard WBZ anchors doing news and sports on WRKO this morning…in AM drive…same anchors working that WBZ shift

Yes; as a matter of fact, this has been going on for over two weeks now, and I, for one, think it is a good move on iHeart’s part. This has been an item over on the other message board, and from there I learned that, before WBZ started providing WRKO with twice-hourly news updates all day long – and not just during AM drive – they’d been doing so evenings for some time before that. But I don’t quite buy this one, since WRKO typically runs ABC News Radio on the hour and NBC News Radio on the half-hour.

Participant

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I, too, think its a good news.

IHeart seems to be using WBZ as its de facto news source for its Boston stations. That’s a smart move…leveraging a real deal local news staff to bolster local news coverage at its owned stations.  Its a huge improvement over piping in a national product like ABC.

Participant

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I, too, think its a good news.

IHeart seems to be using WBZ as its de facto news source for its Boston stations. That’s a smart move…leveraging a real deal local news staff to bolster local news coverage at its owned stations. Its a huge improvement over piping in a national product like ABC.

Nifty,

I think WBZ’s product is much better than any news offering from iHeart’s own TTWN; the latter does excel, though, in TRAFFIC reporting.

I was not at all disparaging ABC News Radio used by WRKO evenings. ABC News Radio is a real product backed by ABC News, while NBC News Radio is merely a bunch of news readers who, IIRC, actually work for iHeart, not NBC News.

But, yes, it is a really good deal if WBZ provides all the newscasts for WRKO. BTW – the “local” news on Talk 1200 is also from WBZ; the “national/world” news is still from Fox News Radio.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php