Judge Rules Casey Kasem to Go Home With His Wife

RadioInsight Community Forums Radio History Classic Radio Personalities Judge Rules Casey Kasem to Go Home With His Wife

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Thomps2525 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Bill Recto
    Participant

radiorewind
    Participant

“Keep reaching for the stars,” Casey. Here is today’s sad news from TMZ:

Legendary DJ Casey Kasem will live out his final days this week surrounded by his children who have made the decision to withhold medication, food and fluids. The judge in Casey’s conservatorship case just reversed a ruling which required doctors to keep him alive with nourishment and meds. The 82-year-old is currently in a Washington hospice facility. Casey’s kids tell TMZ their dad’s health directive document states, “If the extension of my life would result in mere biological existence, devoid of cognitive function, with no reasonable hope for normal functioning, then I do not desire any form of life-sustaining procedures, including nutrition and hydration.” Casey’s wife Jean was in court and furious over the judge’s decision, storming out and screaming that the kids will have Casey’s blood on their hands.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/11/casey-kasem-life-support-death-court-jean/#ixzz34N6ba8Wy

Bill Recto
    Participant

Well RIP Kasem But this clip was originally about a an AT40 segment gone bad.
    But in some ways This is how Kasem fans reacted when the Family dysfunction was in the spotlight 1 month before his death.

firepoint525
    Participant

Jean Kasem is delusional. If Casey had a living will, then it appears that his kids honored his wishes. Jean can come off as nothing else but a gold-digger at this point.

Bill Recto
    Participant

Jean Kasem is delusional. If Casey had a living will, then it appears that his kids honored his wishes. Jean can come off as nothing else but a gold-digger at this point.

Well the only person that should speak about this dysfunction is gone.

Goat Rodeo Cowboy
    Participant

Oh, come on. Can we let the man and his family Rest In Peace?

A living will says whatever the author of that will wished it to say. Not all “living wills” give the same instructions. A living will can say: “I want to fight to live and live and live even after I become nothing more than a vegetable!” or a living will can say: “I don’t want to live in a condition that is unpleasant for me and for my family. Pull the Plug whenever it appears appropriate.” I assume you have your lawyer write the will to say: “As long as continuing to live will not destroy the organs I have agreed to give to research, keep me alive. If those organs will be damaged to the point that research can not learn anything from the diseased items if I remain alive, pull the plug.”

Maybe you know more about what was going on with the wife and with the kids that I do, but from a distance it looks like they were simply doing what happens in many families and normally, it never makes news.

silkie
    Participant

And then all the men took note of the price to be paid for burying their heads. There should have been nurses at the house and everything. There is no reason for anyone to die of an infected bed sore. Frankly there should be no reason for anyone to get them.

No irony there.

Goat Rodeo Cowboy
    Participant

And then all the men took note of the price to be paid for burying their heads. There should have been nurses at the house and everything. There is no reason for anyone to die of an infected bed sore. Frankly there should be no reason for anyone to get them.

It’s very easy to sit miles and miles away and be a “Grandstand Coach” on a case like this. We are all dealing with bits and pieces of the big picture… but not the full picture.

Maybe someone has better information, but I understand that the driving issue that was pushing Mr. Kasem closer and closer to “The End” was something called “Luby Particle Dementia”… something I had never heard of before January of this year. A person with Luby Particle will eventually fall victim to some related health issue and a weakened condition.

Let me tell what living-hell is like. You play hero and make sure that some event that attacks the weakened body is caught early and treated and the person does not die. And then it dawns on you: That would have been a quick and reasonably humane way to go with some dignity. And now you realize that because you “saved” that person this time, the event that eventually brings the end may be nasty, drawn-out, painful…. just plain horrible.

It’s real easy to be an “Armchair Doctor” and cluck your tongue over what looks like mishandling of patient care. Pardon the slightly crude language, but “It’s a bitch being out on the playing field with the Living Will and Power of Attorney in your hand making decisions day after day after day… wondering if you you did the right thing yesterday.”

Goin’ Where?
    Participant

GRC, – I sense that in some way this is more personal to you. I hope I’m wrong. But if not, I just wanted you to know that at least one person heard what you’re saying. Stay strong.

firepoint525
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>firepoint525 wrote:</div>

Well the only person that should speak about this dysfunction is gone.

This from someone who reposted the “Snuggles” dedication right after he died.

radiorewind
    Participant

A July 15 AOL News story says that Casey Kasem’s body still has not been interred, a month after his death. Danny Deraney, a publicist for Kerri Kasem, says that Casey wanted to be buried at Forest Lawn in Glendale but Casey’s body is still at a Tacoma funeral home.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/07/15/daughters-rep-casey-kasems-body-still-unburied/20931747/

Bill Recto
    Participant

http://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n29324

What is this one month after his death the family dysfunction continues.

Bill Recto
    Participant

radiorewind
    Participant

My previous post, July 15, said Casey’s body had not been interred, a month after his death. Now it’s August 15 and two months after his death. Today a Norwegian newspaper, VG, is reporting that Casey’s body will be interred in one of Oslo’s 20 cemeteries. It was not specified which one. A private investigator for Kerri Kasem has confirmed the report. And why would Jean Kasem have Casey’s body buried in Oslo? That’s a good question…..but there is no good answer. Here is what Casey’s son Mike told the Hollywood Reporter:

“There is no connection my dad has with Norway. I don’t know if Jean has any ties to Oslo. She certainly has never mentioned it in the last 35 years. Check the exhumation laws there; sounds like a possibility that is the reason she will bury him there. My dad deserves to be buried where he specifically asked to be buried: Forest Lawn. Everyone keeps asking for motives as to why Jean acts how she acts. I don’t have an answer.”

There ya go!

radiorewind
    Participant

Casey Kasem will not be interred in Norway. Casey’s daughter Kerri started a petition demanding that Casey’s widow respect his wish to be buried at Forest Lawn in Los Angeles. Kerri got 23,200 signatures and the Oslo funeral home announced on September 29 that they will not bury Casey’s body. Next step: getting the body returned. And then: a likely battle with Jean Kasem. Casey doesn’t deserve this!

http://www.etonline.com/news/151852_norway_funeral_home_refuses_to_bury_casey_kasem/index.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php