Last Man Standing Cancelled on ABC

RI Community Forums Television Insight National Television Last Man Standing Cancelled on ABC

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bill Recto Bill Recto 5 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bill Recto
    Bill Recto
    Participant

http://kfiam640.iheart.com/features/political-junkie-1077/articles/15/493917/multiple-sources-suggest-abc-ditched-last-15830326/

However the link seem to blame politics here. But the Ratings and demo are at play.

Six seasons in, the Friday night sitcom was enjoying what should have been a comfortable position:

ABC’s second most-watched comedy behind “Modern Family”
    8.1 million viewers in the “Live +7” category
    Deadline reported:

In its sixth and final season, Last Man Standing averaged a very respectable for any night and especially Friday, 1.2 Live+same day rating in adults 18-49 and 6.4 million viewers, regularly winning its 8-8:30 PM time slot.

While most returning shows were down year-to-year 20-30%, LMS was virtually flat, off just by 5% in total viewers and adults 18-49 (L+SD).
    With such solid ratings — and the box office appeal of Tim Allen — the news of the show’s cancellation came as a shock to many. And while Deadline explained that the change may have been purely a financial move…

The Tim Allen-starring multi-camera sitcom often had gone down to the wire on renewals, with ABC and producing studio 20th Century Fox TV wrangling over the series’ license fee. ABC is supposed to cover the cost of the show at this point in its run, and LMS is on the higher end for a multi-camera sitcom because of the marquee salary Allen commands, but 20th TV had agreed to license fee reductions in the past and reportedly were open to another one. This time, there was no negotiating or bargaining, with ABC simply deciding against another season.
    But many seem convinced that that move was political.

Profile photo of clevelandtv
    clevelandtv
    Participant

Only decent sitcom on TV. Loved it.

Profile photo of vchimpanzee
    vchimpanzee
    Participant

I liked it too. I rarely agreed with Mike’s opinions but his rants were fun. I didn’t agree with Ryan either so that puts me in the middle.  Although despite my finding Ryan annoying, I guess my opinions on issues are closer to his.

Profile photo of Bill Recto
    Bill Recto
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar