let the anti alternative rumors begin

RadioInsight Community Forums Mid-Atlantic Philadelphia let the anti alternative rumors begin

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mark 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Joe

1045 dropped to a 3.0 for the first time in over 10 years, the almighty DE will start by saying Alternative doesn’t bill anything, its a dead format, nobody listens, yadda, yadda, yadda.  Now we are going to hear, flip them to yet another urban product, how about gangster anti-cop rap cuts from NWA and Public Enemy non stop.  I know a certain annoying mister know it all DE will be jumping for joy, I can hear it now, I told you so….

Cory
    Participant

The only advertisers that look at the December/Holiday book are the ones for 101.1 and 96.5

I suppose if iHeart was especially impressed with the ratings/revenue for Christmas music, perhaps they could flip to a format that gels with Santa (doubt it in this case). Otherwise, any format decisions regarding WRFF will have NOTHING to do with this or the next book.

homerjay
    Participant

1045 dropped to a 3.0 for the first time in over 10 years, the almighty DE will start by saying Alternative doesn’t bill anything, its a dead format, nobody listens, yadda, yadda, yadda. Now we are going to hear, flip them to yet another urban product, how about gangster anti-cop rap cuts from NWA and Public Enemy non stop. I know a certain annoying mister know it all DE will be jumping for joy, I can hear it now, I told you so….

It doesn’t bill well. Facts are what they are. The rest of that rant is just absurd.

davideduardo
    Participant

1045 dropped to a 3.0 for the first time in over 10 years, the almighty DE will start by saying Alternative doesn’t bill anything, its a dead format, nobody listens, yadda, yadda, yadda. Now we are going to hear, flip them to yet another urban product, how about gangster anti-cop rap cuts from NWA and Public Enemy non stop. I know a certain annoying mister know it all DE will be jumping for joy, I can hear it now, I told you so….

My only point is that WRFF is the lowest billing full signal FM in the market, and has a power ratio of 0.3, meaning that it only bills 30% of what it’s “fair share” of market  revenues would be if it got the same revenue share as its average audience share.
    This has nothing to do with personal preferences, likes or dislikes. It’s a simple statement of fact. While the two LA alternative stations have great power ratios, the Philadelphia station has not gotten advertiser traction and underbills.
    As Cory said, the December and Holiday books are pretty much ignored because of the disruptive effect of holiday programming.

Lance Venta
    Participant

So Joe is the name you’re using now? You’ve been making the same pro-Alternative/anti Hip-Hop posts with racist overtones on these boards with different names for nearly two decades now.

WRFF’s ratings drop this month was due to Christmas Music. Happens every year. Just because something rates well, doesn’t mean it bills or vice versa.

And why am I bothering trying to talk sense into someone who hasn’t learned in 20 years. Plus since personal attacks are a violation of our Community rules and Terms of Service, Bye…

microphonemaster
    Participant

If they put me in charge I would create a unique rock format combining the AAA format of WXPN with with a clever 70’s 80’s rock mix.    Send me a pm.  I’ll accept 50k.

neilraimo
    Participant

I would think a 70’s punk with 80’s alternative and 90’s grunge, plus todays new stuff would work well.  96.5 would be a good candidate for this type of renegade format.

Mark
    Participant

And besides, NWA and Public Enemy broke up years ago.  Neither one is a core artist at Chicago’s 104.3 JAMS or any other classic urban station.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php