Longtime WGWD 93.3/Quincy owner Monte Bitner passes

RadioInsight Community Forums Southeast North Florida Longtime WGWD 93.3/Quincy owner Monte Bitner passes

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Alan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Alan
    Participant

Monte Bitner, whose radio career spanned 50 years, died Thursday, May 31, 2018. He was the long time owner of the former WGWD “classic country 93.3” in Quincy, FL.  He, along with his two radio partners, sold WGWD in April 2012. The station runs a talk format currently.

Last year, I had the pleasure of spending a Saturday with Monte. We enjoyed sharing many radio stories together. He coudn’t remember exactly when he came to Quincy, but thought it was around 1960 or so.

Monte Bitner and I shared a deep love of classic and traditional country music. He said he had hoped someone with that passion would continue that format near the area. As I posted last year, the classic country music collection now belongs to WDXD-LP 101.9. My promise to Monte then, and to the community now, is that the unique country format, with sone tweaks, will live on.

WDXD is non-comercial, and listener supported.

RIP, Monte. Thank you for everything.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Alan.

Owner, Delta Star Radio of Florida, Inc. / WDXD-LP 101.9
    www.bigdcountry.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php