Looks like WRAP will be going Digital Soon

RI Community Forums Midwest Cleveland Looks like WRAP will be going Digital Soon

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Timothy Blanks Timothy Blanks 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jxg0754
    jxg0754
    Participant

They have filed to remain silent pending grant of digital construction permit

here is the link to the application
    https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/cdbsmenu.hts?context=25&appn=101674041&formid=910&fac_num=55107

Profile photo of Timothy Blanks
    Timothy Blanks
    Participant

I assume when 32 goes digital, the main station would stay with infomercials. The subchannels is what make it interesting. They could get several new channels in the market. Hopefully their technology will be better than 29/35/16.

Profile photo of jxg0754
    jxg0754
    Participant

Depending on how many channels they may have and if they get cable carriage, the main.1 channel may not be an infomercial channel, while it is possible they may have infomercial/shopping channels, i am sure there are Diginets that would not mind having carriage here and possibly prove to be more profitable than infomercials

Profile photo of jxg0754
    jxg0754
    Participant

WRAP’s new Digital Signal once approved will not be on WJW’s tower, i just noticed their new application on their FCC Tv Query
    http://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?call=WRAP

Profile photo of Crazy Monkey
    Crazy Monkey
    Participant

WRAP has a lot of construction permits, applications, licenses, and modifications of construction permits for both analog and digital. It’s getting very confusing what their intent is. I would just ignore all the analog ones, and look at what they’ve filed for digital… they have a “modification of construction permit” to convert to a digital “class A” station, which I believe will be a necessity if they want to remain on the air after the Congress decimates the TV channel spectrum and gives most of it to the big cell phone companies. Low powers may disappear if there isn’t enough spectrum left, which is highly likely in this area. I noticed that this modification of construction permit expires on the analog shut-down day of September 1, 2015. And yet they also have an application for just a regular low power station on the WQHS tower, one that’s not a class A.

WLFM-LP also has a digital construction permit which expires that same day (for digital channel 6). So both WRAP and WLFM have the option to act on those construction permits or allow them to expire. Any ideas on what their intentions are? WLFM also has an application for channel 44, which could be approved too. Wikipedia says that this would interfere with WNEO 45, but I don’t think so since it’s low power. There are plenty of examples of low power stations around here that are adjacent to other locals… WAOH-CD and WBNX for example.

Profile photo of jxg0754
    jxg0754
    Participant

WRAP is no longer a Class A Station, If you look at the application list on the FCC TV Query that application that says Class A is listed as LD in the application list

Profile photo of MediaFan85
    MediaFan85
    Participant

I saw on WLFM the TV version pictures of the old Cleveland’s Sound format while still playing their current format. Kind of odd, but interesting.

Profile photo of jxg0754
    jxg0754
    Participant

Looks like WRAP’s new Digital Application is now Modification of Construction Permit

It could be possible we see it digital this year

Profile photo of MediaFan85
    MediaFan85
    Participant

Looks like WRAP’s new Digital Application is now Modification of Construction Permit

It could be possible we see it digital this year

What would even air on WRAP once they go digital?

Profile photo of jxg0754
    jxg0754
    Participant

There is plenty to be able to air, it’s just will they air it, for the most part on stations they own that they have left, it looks to be just 4 channels of infomercials with uninterrupted e/i programming, but in the past i do believe that they aired Aztec America on 32, Lets hope WRAP wants to be a good station in this area and pick up networks not in this area

Profile photo of jxg0754
    jxg0754
    Participant

WRAP now has a application to broadcast at 15 kw instead of 8.7 kw,

Profile photo of jxg0754
    jxg0754
    Participant

WRAP Now has a Construction Permit to broadcast at 15 kw
    https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?facid=55107

Timothy Blanks
    Participant

When do you see stations like WRAP and WEKA lighting up to be on air? It will be interesting to see what subchannels they pick. Also, will they survive the “repack” coming soon?

Profile photo of jxg0754
    jxg0754
    Participant

WRAP may be just Infomercials, in every other market where D.T.V. LLC owns stations they have Infomercials on .1-.4 Unless they sell the station to someone

My Guess is WEKA may carry Buzzr they have it on one of their Stations, Drtv Channel is on a good amount of their stations, SonLife is already on .3 according to rabbitears, its also possible that Telemundo, estrellaTV, and MundoMax formerly MundoFox could be a possibility, If WQDI’s digital application from Downtown Cleveland would not have been dismissed or one gets apporoved my guess would have been that the Spanish language networks would have been on one station, and possibly buzzr, drtv channel, and SonLife on another

WEKA will most probably be broadcasting from WRAP’s former Home in Cleveland due to that it may not take much for it to be on air, although i really have no idea, Would installing an TV Station on a building be easier that climbing up a tower?

Timothy Blanks
    Participant

Will the repack effect these stations? Buzzr would be a nice pickup for WEKA. Could they also get This TV, the Works and Comet? Those would be nice additions for Cleveland. Hope they go with the English language subs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar