LPFMs coming soon!

RI Community Forums Midwest Columbus LPFMs coming soon!

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 88 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gabigley1 gabigley1 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of xmusicmatt
    xmusicmatt
    Participant

Browsing Recnet:

Looks like The Neighborhood Network’s App for 92.7 was granted:

NEW
    COLUMBUS OH US
    THE NEIGHBORHOOD NETWORK
    LOW-POWER FM
    Channel 224 (92.7 MHz)
    Facility ID: 197200
    CP Granted-Off Air
    Construction Permit Expires: 04/28/2016

http://cdbs.recnet.net:8080/fmq.php?facid=197200

Looks like for 91.9 was granted:

NEW
    DUBLIN OH US
    THE HARAMBEE ACADEMY, INC.
    LOW-POWER FM
    Channel 220 (91.9 MHz)
    Facility ID: 194872
    CP Granted-Off Air
    Construction Permit Expires: 04/10/2016

http://cdbs.recnet.net:8080/fmq.php?facid=194872

New LPFM at 94.1 granted:

NEW
    COLUMBUS OH US
    CENTRAL OHIO GREEN EDUCATION FUND
    LOW-POWER FM
    Channel 231 (94.1 MHz)
    Facility ID: 196852
    CP Granted-Off Air

http://cdbs.recnet.net:8080/fmq.php?facid=196852

And The Jazz folks for 98.5:

WSAX-LP
    COLUMBUS OH US
    SEMM FOUNDATION
    LOW-POWER FM
    Channel 253 (98.5 MHz)
    Facility ID: 196804
    CP Granted-Off Air

http://cdbs.recnet.net:8080/fmq.php?facid=196804

Now wonder what will happen with 102.1? Who will take over WCRS license.

Profile photo of knowbetter
    knowbetter
    Participant

Browsing Recnet:

Looks like The Neighborhood Network’s App for 92.7 was granted:

Now wonder what will happen with 102.1? Who will take over WCRS license.

I hope they just let they other half of the time share have it….so they both have full time stations. (anyone care to take bets?)

Profile photo of Tim Anstaett
    Tim Anstaett
    Participant

Isn’t the other half of that time share, WCRX, getting 98.5? Wikipedia indicates that programming and broadcast operation assistance is provided for WCRX by Sax Entertainment Music and Media (hence the WSAX-LP identification above?), and when I click to the station’s old website, I am automatically linked to http://www.myjazz94.com/. (It says jazz94 but the site identifies 98.5 as its soon-to-come frequency.) And its Facebook page seems to absolutely confirm it — https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jazz-1021-FM-WCRX-LP/98108633552 — and adds that it will be a 24-hour radio station.

xmusicmatt
    Participant

Isn’t the other half of that time share, WCRX, getting 98.5? Wikipedia indicates that programming and broadcast operation assistance is provided for WCRX by Sax Entertainment Music and Media (hence the WSAX-LP identification above?), and when I click to the station’s old website, I am automatically linked to http://www.myjazz94.com/. (It says jazz94 but the site identifies 98.5 as its soon-to-come frequency.) And its Facebook page seems to absolutely confirm it — https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jazz-1021-FM-WCRX-LP/98108633552 — and adds that it will be a 24-hour radio station.

Tim: My understanding is that the Jazz folks airing the Jazz on 102.1 are not the actual license owners (BEXLEY PUBLIC RADIO FOUNDATION). Basically the folks currently programming the Jazz are finally getting their own 24/7 license. (I am guessing whatever relationship with Bexley Public Radio Foundation will end once they get their own station on air).

Profile photo of gabigley1
    gabigley1
    Participant

xmusicmatt,

Thanks for these updates… I’m surprised the FCC has finally issued all these LPFM CPs for Columbus. Thought it may take up to another year or so for these LPFM CPs to be issued
    for Columbus.

A few questions?

What will happen to the 102.1 LPFM frequency when both of these time shared stations finally have their own 24/7 license?

What will become of the WCRS LPFM translator on 98.3 after WCRS LPFM goes 24/7 on their own
    frequency?

Will Yesterdays Top Secrets finally get more airtime on Columbus LPFM radio?

xmusicmatt
    Participant

What will become of the WCRS LPFM translator on 98.3 after WCRS LPFM goes 24/7 on their own
    frequency?

I got a feelin’ that translator will be applying to rebroadcast TNN’s frequency of 92.7 after it’s on the air since currently it’s only on air when WCRS 102.1 (TNN’s license) is on air.

knowbetter
    Participant

SEMM, and BPRF are not related…as soon as SEMM gets on the air, they won’t have anything to do with Bexley Public Radio Foundation (BPRF). I hope the Bexley gets thier own station, although I don’t know what tehy would do with it. TNN would have to have zero interest in the 102.1 frequency, when they sign on the new one. How they will intrepret that, is unknown, but I hope they will consider it best to walk away, and let BPRF just have it.

knowbetter
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gabigley1 wrote:</div>
    frequency?

I got a feelin’ that translator will be applying to rebroadcast TNN’s frequency of 92.7 after it’s on the air since currently it’s only on air when WCRS 102.1 (TNN’s license) is on air.

fairly likely, it’s just a paperwork nofitication, although with all of the other semi-related entities, they have other options of who to broadcast. Since CICJ is heavily influenced by the Green Party folks, and Green Party has a new CP, it would NOT suprised me if that is the station that gets the translator.

Profile photo of Tim Anstaett
    Tim Anstaett
    Participant

I think that this is the single most important question that Mr. Bigley has asked! And all I can say is that tonight the 557th episode of “Secrets” aired and streamed, so if the powers-that-be would like to allocate a particular M-F hour for “Secrets Classic”, then I would be able to fill that timeslot with past episodes of the show for the next two years, seven weeks, and two days. And then by the end of that period, I would have another 200 or so episodes that would be ready for rebroadcasting as well!

knowbetter
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gabigley1 wrote:</div>

I think that this is the single most important question that Mr. Bigley has asked! And all I can say is that tonight the 557th episode of “Secrets” aired and streamed, so if the powers-that-be would like to allocate a particular M-F hour for “Secrets Classic”, then I would be able to fill that timeslot with past episodes of the show for the next two years, seven weeks, and two days. And then by the end of that period, I would have another 200 or so episodes that would be ready for rebroadcasting as well!

Well, there is something to be said for consisitancy, and IF there was ever an opportunity to see if Yesterdays Top Secrets COULD build a substantial audience, that would be the way to do it. Tim, I for one would encorage you to sugguest that to the powers that be. (I would, but they would probably consider it an underhanded trick! <sLOL>

kb

gabigley1
    Participant

What about the 96.7 frequency? Has the FCC granted a LPFM station on that frequency yet?

knowbetter
    Participant

What about the 96.7 frequency? Has the FCC granted a LPFM station on that frequency yet?

no, the commission only granted the uncontested ones, so with two applications on 96.7, they haven’t done anything.

gabigley1
    Participant

Tim Anstaett of “Yesterday’s Top Secrets” said on his show last night that WCRS-LP has
    some plans for the stations. He then said he is not at liberty to say what these “Not so small Plans are”. Sure would like to know when WCRS-LP plans to move over to its new frequency, 92.7 FM. Also, will WCRS-LP lose it translator at 98.3 FM? Some of WCRS-LP listeners depend on the 98.3 FM translator to hear the station.

Last but not least, when we tried to listen to “Yesterday’s Top Secrets” last December 24,
    we heard just dead air. Several rechecks and there was just dead air. Then the next week,
    Tim profusely apologized for the show not appearing as scheduled the week before. He said
    he had no control over this as the WCRS-LP computer crashed. Maybe WCRS-LP will replace
    this computer? At least the WCRS-LP audio seems to be fixed for now.

What is the status on the 96.7 FM applications? The FCC has ye to grant these.

knowbetter
    Participant

Tim Anstaett of “Yesterday’s Top Secrets” said on his show last night that WCRS-LP has
    some plans for the stations. He then said he is not at liberty to say what these “Not so small Plans are”. Sure would like to know when WCRS-LP plans to move over to its new frequency, 92.7 FM. Also, will WCRS-LP lose it translator at 98.3 FM? Some of WCRS-LP listeners depend on the 98.3 FM translator to hear the station.

It’s likely a safe bet they do, have plans for their share of the 102,1 license and one of them is NOT letting Bexley Radio have the entire 24 hour day, athough that would be the most proper thing to do. There is a whole lot of hatred there, and rather than take the high road, they will likely find someone to “front” the station for them, and still allow them to control it too. I think that may well start apretty epic battle they are not prepared for, but I can’t see them intellagently take the high road.

If I could advise the folks over there, it would be to keep their spoils, and let this one go, but since they are likely more interested in “spiteing” some folks, (especially me and a few associates), they will happily try and prove me wrong.

Have at it guys…. I think you’ll be suprised by the attention you’ve garnered!

the FCC approved the singletons, but they didn’t approve any of the stations where there were any type of conflict. The people who applied for the licenses also didn’t do anything, it almost appears that they have forgotten thier applications. The either have to work out a time share, drop out, or do something to get the apps granted.

gabigley1
    Participant

the FCC approved the singletons, but they didn’t approve any of the stations where there were any type of conflict. The people who applied for the licenses also didn’t do anything, it almost appears that they have forgotten thier applications. The either have to work out a time share, drop out, or do something to get the apps granted.
    [/quote]

The FCC granted CPs to both the Christian Media Inc. and Ohio Hispanic Coalition for 96.7.
    On 01-15-15 the FCC grated both these CPs as a time shared operation. The FCC looks like
    it will assign a time shared scheduled for both stations as a later date. This is the letter
    from the FCC about this time shared operation for these stations:
    http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/getimportletter_exh.cgi?import_letter_id=55035

Lets hope Tim of WCRX-LP will let us know when the station is going to move over to 92.7 FM.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar