Mark Packer of WVLT named in a rant

RadioInsight Community Forums Television Insight Southeast Mark Packer of WVLT named in a rant

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Bill Recto 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Bill Recto
    Participant

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/2019/04/04/wvlt-anchor-mark-packer-uses-anti-semitic-slur-on-live-tv-in-knoxville-then-apologizes/3362397002/

The rant was used in a segment of the newscast but Packer later apologized.

A news anchor for East Tennessee CBS affiliate WVLT made an on-air apology Wednesday afternoon after using an anti-Semitic slur during a live news segment.

About 10 minutes into the 4 p.m. news show, longtime local news anchor Mark Packer used an anti-Semitic phrase while speculating about price negotiations at the end of a story on a “Shark Tank”-style business pitching event at Carson Newman University.

A colleague immediately jumped in to introduce the next story about a children’s consignment sale.

The news show continued for almost 20 minutes before Packer addressed the remark:

“I want to take just a moment … a few minutes ago, I said something — a slip of the tongue, inadvertently — that was highly offensive to a few people out there, and it was something that I should not have said,” Packer said into the camera. “I want to apologize specifically to each of you and to everyone who heard what I said. It was something I did not mean to say at all. I apologize to you and I am deeply sorry for the comment that I made earlier in the show.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php