Mark Packer of WVLT named in a rant

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Southeast

• Participant

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/2019/04/04/wvlt-anchor-mark-packer-uses-anti-semitic-slur-on-live-tv-in-knoxville-then-apologizes/3362397002/

The rant was used in a segment of the newscast but Packer later apologized.

A news anchor for East Tennessee CBS affiliate WVLT made an on-air apology Wednesday afternoon after using an anti-Semitic slur during a live news segment.

About 10 minutes into the 4 p.m. news show, longtime local news anchor Mark Packer used an anti-Semitic phrase while speculating about price negotiations at the end of a story on a “Shark Tank”-style business pitching event at Carson Newman University.

A colleague immediately jumped in to introduce the next story about a children’s consignment sale.

The news show continued for almost 20 minutes before Packer addressed the remark:

“I want to take just a moment … a few minutes ago, I said something — a slip of the tongue, inadvertently — that was highly offensive to a few people out there, and it was something that I should not have said,” Packer said into the camera. “I want to apologize specifically to each of you and to everyone who heard what I said. It was something I did not mean to say at all. I apologize to you and I am deeply sorry for the comment that I made earlier in the show.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php