Mark West is Gone From WALL &WDLC

RadioInsight Community Forums Northeast Hudson Valley / Albany Mark West is Gone From WALL &WDLC

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MTN Productions 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Warren Hodges Jr
    Participant

I was Listening to WALL last week I noticed Mark West, has been replaced I believe Jimmy Howes. Mark, who kept oldies alive in the morning on 1340 when the WEOK / WALL simulcast was flipped to Mexican Music was bounced from morning drive to voice tracking evenings when Van Richie was given the shift. He also did mornings on Country 1490/ 107.7 WDLC , Port Jervis. He is gone from the WDLC web site as well as the WALL site. In fact the On Air listing only shows a few talk shows ans Hank Gross news . I can’t get the country station here in Hyde Park, so I am wondering if they are running jockless country.

MTN Productions
    Participant

That’s very sad. I used to listened to Mark West where he did evenings on WALL following Bob Johnson on WROW’s “Magic 590” where he took over Joe Manglass from WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” and he wasn’t doing evenings for about a year or two and did a great job handling evenings. I have a bunch of airchecks when he was on WALL doing morning drive. His first morning show that he did was back on 4/11/11 where he did mornings on WALL while WEOK at the time was carried the “True Oldies Channel” which was run by my buddy, Scott Shannon (now doing mornings on the current WCBS-FM). Thankfully I have an aircheck of his first show on WALL from 2011 which was 7 years ago, and I will post it later. His final show was from 5/8/15 while they carried Spanish music from WEOK, and after he got on hiatus for 6 months, he returned to the airwaves that November, and then moved to evenings until he retired from radio last week.

Now that I don’t listen to Mark West anymore, I will end up listen to WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” and I’m glad to have to Joe Manglass back on the air replacing Mark West. Joe does an excellent job handling evenings than Mark West did over at WALL, and Joe is still another one of my buddies along with Scott Shannon on WCBS-FM, JJ Carter on WBPM, Bob Green on WABY, “Sunny” Joe Allen on WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies, Wolfman Jack on both WNTY “Kool Oldies” and WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies”, Chip Ordway, Bob Johnson and Richie Norris on WROW’s “Magic 590/100.5”, Brian “The Cannon” Bannon on WLNG, Bob O on WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies”, Warren Lawrence on WKNY, Russ Britton and Charlie Burger on WCBS-FM, Allan David Stein on WMTR and Jon Manzi on WVOS-FM. Those are all of my favorite radio buddies.

Once again, Joe Manglass has taken over Mark West’s time slot.

MTN Productions
    Participant

Warren, I know you can’t get 107.7 down there. There’s a Webstream where you can listen to WDLC is on TuneIn. I hope this helps.

Or you can listen to it online.

https://country1077.com

BTW, I just went to my TuneIn app and listen to WDLC’s “Country 107.7” and they were running a morning show that has gone jockless. This is similar to what iHeart’s WBWZ’s “Z93” did with its morning show are running jockless all morning where it replaced Elliot Segal from “Elliot in the Morning” called the “Shut Up & Rock” morning show. As for WDLC, same thing. But I got an official name for a new morning show for WDLC’s “Country 107.7”, it’s called the “Shut Up and Twang” morning show, the country version of the “Shut Up and Rock” morning show where’s it replaced Mark West. And maybe they can promote the station as “No talk, just country”. That’s a great idea!

Warren Hodges Jr
    Participant

… and after he got on hiatus for 6 months, he returned to the airwaves that November, and then moved to evenings until he retired from radio last week.

I know I am going to regret asking this , but how do you know Mark West retired from radio. Where do you get your (mis)information from? Was he not pushed out or left because he was unhappy with the change forced upon him ?
    WALL has a very lite commercial load. I am surprised they can afford Van Richie, let alone Mark and the others.
    The commercials are mostly one or two per break mostly local the the Middletown area served by AM 1340.
    It must be expensive to operate the 5 translators that give WALL great coverage over a wide area of the Mid-Hudson Valley. They need to sell that to sponsors.
    As usual your rambling posts are very hard to read and follow, with all the extranious names and stations thrown in. It would be much better if you stayed on topic. You say

Joe Manglass has taken over Mark West’s time slot.

The web sites of both stations may not be up to date but he is still listed as being on WGNY and not WALL.
    Did you mean he has replaced Mark in YOUR
    listen schedule. Your posts are very confusing.

MTN Productions
    Participant

… and after he got on hiatus for 6 months, he returned to the airwaves that November, and then moved to evenings until he retired from radio last week.

I know I am going to regret asking this , but how do you know Mark West retired from radio. Where do you get your (mis)information from? Was he not pushed out or left because he was unhappy with the change forced upon him ?
    WALL has a very lite commercial load. I am surprised they can afford Van Richie, let alone Mark and the others.
    The commercials are mostly one or two per break mostly local the the Middletown area served by AM 1340.
    It must be expensive to operate the 5 translators that give WALL great coverage over a wide area of the Mid-Hudson Valley. They need to sell that to sponsors.
    As usual your rambling posts are very hard to read and follow, with all the extranious names and stations thrown in. It would be much better if you stayed on topic. You say

Joe Manglass has taken over Mark West’s time slot.

The web sites of both stations may not be up to date but he is still listed as being on WGNY and not WALL.
    Did you mean he has replaced Mark in YOUR
    listen schedule. Your posts are very confusing.

Trust me! I go flipped through stations via TuneIn app to hear Mark West not on WALL, so I flipped to WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” and I chose Joe Manglass and it is still a favorite of mine than Mark West on the other station.

I’ve been said many times before, it’s all about competition. I listen to every competing station to hear my favorite jocks. So I used TuneIn app to give it a try. That’s why TuneIn works. I listen to both oldies and classic hits stations, and it is part of the competition.

As for the first part, I don’t see an article in a newspaper, or on WALL’s Facebook page, but I don’t know why if Mark West has retired or not, but I’m not sure on that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php