Mets Move Poughkeepsie Broadcasts To Z93

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Hudson Valley / Albany

• Participant

The New York Mets are now heard on Z93, 93.3 WBWZ, New Paltz, Poughkeepsie. They decided  the  broadcast would  better serve the Mid-Hudson Valley on FM. This replaces sister station 1450 WKIP and its anemic translator 98.5 FM. The coverage area is a significant improvement.

I -Heart really dropped the ball picking that frequency. There is a small benefit from Poughkeepsie south but that is it. There were other frequencies available.

Participant

The New York Mets are now heard on Z93, 93.3 WBWZ, New Paltz, Poughkeepsie. They decided the broadcast would better serve the Mid-Hudson Valley on FM. This replaces sister station 1450 WKIP and its anemic translator 98.5 FM. The coverage area is a significant improvement.

I -Heart really dropped the ball picking that frequency. There is a small benefit from Poughkeepsie south but that is it. There were other frequencies available.

That’s a pretty good move! Carry the Mets on a rock station would be a lot better. WROW on the other hand are now carrying the Mets on “Magic 590/100.9” as an oldies station and it’s still a competitor to WGNY’s “Oldies 98.9/1220/105.3”, and thankfully the Mets play-by-play are being heard on stream visna’s TuneIn app and on “Magic” site http://www.albanymagic.com where you can listen to the Mets on a stream without listening to “Z93” since the Mets are not being heard on the iHeartRadio app.

As for the Yankees, it still carries on WGNY on both 1220 AM and 105.3 FM, and not on 98.9. This is the third year in a row that the Yankees are not being carried on WGNY at 98.9. This is a dumb move for die-hard Yankee fans.

Remember last year when “Annamaria” made a long rant about the Yankees on WGNY on 1220 where it still has a terrible signal at night? Here in Kingston, I can’t get the Yankees on there. So that would still be the problem.

Thankfully, I still have GlobalTuners to hear the Yankee games via node and I enjoyed the game and it sounds great on GlobalTuners. I remember a few years ago when the Yankees was on 94.3 here in Kingston. But sadly, they don’t carried the Yankees on 94.3 anymore, so they moved the affiliation down south to WGNY-AM.

The Mets is the only team to be heard on FM, not on AM, and the Yankees does not carried on FM here.

Participant

And speaking the Mets and iHeart, I was reading an article from the Daily News this week that the Mets is ending its 5-year deal with iHeart, and they are going to sign a deal with WCBS-AM for the 2019 season, is this going to be the end of “Z93” and the Mets? Are they going to move the Mets to another station like WGNY-FM at 98.9 and WJGK at 103.1 while the Yankees are on WGNY-AM at 1020 and on 105.3, it wouldn’t a good idea if the Mets will end its 5-year deal with iHeart, including WBWZ’s “Z93”, I hope the Mets will be moving over WGNY-FM and WJGK as they are moving over to the 2019 season. As for WROW carrying the Mets, I hope “Magic 590/100.5” should stay, but they’re no plans to move anytime soon.

Participant

It’s official! After all of the speculation that has been going for months, the Mets are officially moving to WCBS-AM by next season. That means, WBWZ’s “Z93” will no longer carrying not the Mets after the season is over. By next season, the Mets will no longer be carrying on “Z93”, because the contract from iHeart and WOR-AM are now coming to an end.

I hope that WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” and it sister station WJGK’s “The Fox” will soon be carrying the Mets while WGNY is still carrying the Yankees on 1220 AM and 105.3, except for WROW’s “Magic 590/100.5” are still keeping the Mets, I hope it would be a great idea to move the Mets to one of the Sunrise stations like WGNY-FM on 98.9, and WJGK at 103.1, and I hope the Mets will do better by next season.

New York Mets To Move To 880 WCBS In 2019

Participant

Thankfully, the Mets season is finally over. No more Mets baseball on “Z93” next season. I looked up on “Magic 590’s” Facebook page and this has just happened.

I hope one of the Hudson Valley stations will pick up the Mets for next season. Either put it on WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” at 98.9, and WJGK’s “The Fox” at 103.1 while the Yankees are also be on WGNY-AM 1220 and 105.3 FM, or maybe you should put the Mets on “Real Country” 1260/1420/920 and 92.5 FM which will be the new flagship station for Mets baseball.

The partnership with the Mets and the iHeart stations (WKIP and WBWZ) is finally over.

I’m glad WROW’s “Magic 590/100.5” got rid of the Amazing Mets once and for all, because it doesn’t fit the oldies format, so they ended up hearing “Fox Oldies” and WBPM for their music due to the competition. Goodbye Mets!

Participant

Just to give you an update, I heard the sad news that the Mets will not be carried on WBWZ’s “Z93” anymore, and so did other Mets affiliates in Albany and Glens Falls. You can only listen to the Mets on WCBS-AM, or you can go to GlobalTuners to hear the Mets play-by-play, or you can get Gameday Audio from the Official MLB website. It cost $19 per regular season, but you can check it out.

http://www.globaltuners.com
    https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe/gameday-audio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php