METS RADIO (Enjoy :) )

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Hudson Valley / Albany

• Participant

Now posted to mets.MLB.com :

Radio
    WCBS: 880 WCBS-AM New York, NY (Flagship)
    WROW: 590-AM / 100.5-FM | Albany, NY
    WMML: 1230-AM / 97.9-FM | Glens Falls, NY
    WBWZ: 93.3-FM | Poughkeepsie, NY

Participant

Wonder if the WROW info is correct or just old. I thought WROW dropped them, happily, after last season.

Participant

Good question. Here’s something that doesn’t prove it, but gives more hope. From HudsonValley.com:

Mets spring training TV, radio schedule
    By KEN MCMILLAN | Published: JANUARY 29, 2019 | Leave a comment
    The New York Mets will have 14 televised spring training games (10 on SNY, 4 on WPIX-11) and 10 games aired on new flagship station WCBS (880-AM).
    There may be more broadcasts available once the MLB Network and ESPN schedules are released.
    Sat. Feb. 23 – vs. Atlanta, 1 p.m. (SNY, WCBS); Sun. Feb. 24 – vs. Houston, 1 p.m. (WPIX, WCBS)
    Tues. Feb. 26 – vs. Detroit, 1 p.m. (SNY); Wed. Feb. 27 – vs. Miami, 1 p.m. (SNY); Sat. March 2 – vs. Houston, 1 p.m. (WPIX, WCBS); Sun. March 3 – at St. Louis, 1 p.m. (WCBS)
    Mon. March 4 – vs. Boston, 1 p.m. (SNY); Fri. March 8 – vs. Miami, 1 p.m. (SNY); Sun. March 10 – vs. St. Louis, 1 p.m. (WPIX, WCBS)
    Wed. March 13 – vs. Houston, 1 p.m. (SNY); Fri. March 15 – vs. Washington, 1 p.m. (SNY); Sat. March 16 – at Miami, 1 p.m. (WCBS); Sun. March 17 – vs. Washington, 1 p.m. (WCBS)
    Mon. March 18 – vs. Washington, 1 p.m. (SNY); Thur. March 21 – vs. Miami, 1 p.m. (SNY); Fri. March 22 – vs. St. Louis, 1 p.m. (SNY); Fri. March 22 – at Houston, 6 p.m. (WCBS); Sat. March 23 – at Atlanta, 1 p.m. (WCBS); Sun. March 24 – vs. Washington, 1 p.m. (WPIX, WCBS)

The Mets also confirmed that Poughkeepsie radio station WBWZ (93.3-FM) will be the local affiliate on the team’s radio network. Other stations on the network include: Albany’s WROW (590-AM, 100.5-FM); Glens Falls’ WMML (1230-AM, 97.9-FM); Oswego’s WGSO (1440-AM); Rochester’s WOKR (1310-AM); Syracuse’s WTLA (1200-AM); New Haven’s WAVZ (1300-AM); and, Port Saint Lucie’s WPSL (1590-AM).

Participant

Hmm, in Glens Falls, Pamal has WMML1230(Fox Sports/Mets/Bills), WENU1410(WROWsimulcast), and translator96.9(WROW). Mets on 3 local signals?! (Well, they’ve got WROW on 3 “local” signals: 1410, 96.9, 590.)

And as I’ve said before, if WROW would give Albany 162 Mets games, then 16 Bills games wouldn’t take much effort.

Pamal has the Patriots in Albany on 104.9. They ought to put them in Glens Falls on one of those 3 channels.

Participant

Hmm, in Glens Falls, Pamal has WMML1230(Fox Sports/Mets/Bills), WENU1410(WROWsimulcast), and translator96.9(WROW). Mets on 3 local signals?! (Well, they’ve got WROW on 3 “local” signals: 1410, 96.9, 590.)

And as I’ve said before, if WROW would give Albany 162 Mets games, then 16 Bills games wouldn’t take much effort.

Pamal has the Patriots in Albany on 104.9. They ought to put them in Glens Falls on one of those 3 channels.

Unfortunately, I don’t think WROW will carry the Mets this season. And the Buffalo Bills will not be going, because Buffalo is too far away. And also, WBWZ will not be carry the Mets this season, because iHeart ended its partnership with WOR and the Mets last year.

I have airchecks from WROW last year where the Mets was carried there via web stream. I have 4 airchecks of the “Subway Series” where my favorite team, the Yankees and the Mets were played are the best of 4 games, and the final regular season game where the Mets played against the Marlins. Both came from “Magic”.

“Magic” has not done well last season with the Mets, and on “Magic’s” Facebook page that the Mets won’t be back this season, but they took it down for no reason.

Let’s hope if WROW’s “Magic” and WBWZ’s “Z93” might continue carrying the Amazing Mets, or not when the regular season comes at the end of March.

Participant

One factor that might bring the Mets and Magic back together is that the new Mets flagship station, WCBS 880 AM, is also the home of the CBS Radio News Network which has WROW as one of its affiliates. WROW could easily cover the Mets and CBS Radio News together.

Participant

One factor that might bring the Mets and Magic back together is that the new Mets flagship station, WCBS 880 AM, is also the home of the CBS Radio News Network which has WROW as one of its affiliates. WROW could easily cover the Mets and CBS Radio News together.

Or maybe they should move the Mets to WALL in Middletown, because it’s now the home of CBS Radio News, and it’s flagship station WCBS-AM.

Participant

LOL at all those** who thought WROW wouldn’t retain the Mets. They clearly wanted to re-sign, maybe even helped by the team paying them to be an affiliate. Maybe not.

Either way, sports belong on Magic. Full stop.

** ”All those” mostly consisting of a certain one-note hack poster obsessed with the station, proven wrong once again.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant
    MTN Productions wrote:Or maybe they should move the Mets to WALL in Middletown, because it’s now the home of CBS Radio News, and it’s flagship station WCBS-AM.
    Sorry, man…you lost me there. And, by the way…CBS does not own WCBS-AM…it’s owned by Entercom.

Participant

LOL at all those** who thought WROW wouldn’t retain the Mets. They clearly wanted to re-sign, maybe even helped by the team paying them to be an affiliate. Maybe not.

Either way, sports belong on Magic. Full stop.

** ”All those” mostly consisting of a certain one-note hack poster obsessed with the station, proven wrong once again.

We’ll see what happens. The link is down below.

https://www.mlb.com/mets/team/broadcast-information

My guess is that WROW’s “Magic 590/100.5” will still be carrying the Amazing Mets, and I can’t wait until the regular season comes. So does WBWZ’s “Z93” will still be carrying the Mets. I hope these two stations will give another shot for another 2 to 5 years since both stations are renewing for another season.

But thankfully, they took down the post from “Magic 590’s” Facebook page about a week or so ago for no reason after the regular season ended. Let’s hope if the Mets are going back to the game. You have about a month left before the regular season comes by the end of March.

If “Magic” still carries the Mets via web stream, I will be recording the Subway Series with my team the Yankees and the Mets for the best of 4 games, I will be posting it soon.

Let’s hope if WROW’s “Magic” will extend the Mets radio contract for another year right up until 2025. Same goes with WBWZ’s “Z93” as well.

And don’t forget the Buffalo Bills will be coming to “Magic” if they will be carrying football and it will be streaming live on albanymagic.com

I hope Nathan says it. Let’s keep the Mets on “Magic” and put football on there including the Buffalo Bills.

If not, they will lose a lot of “Magic” listeners will end up on WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” and WBPM.

Participant
    MTN Productions wrote:Or maybe they should move the Mets to WALL in Middletown, because it’s now the home of CBS Radio News, and it’s flagship station WCBS-AM.

Sorry, man…you lost me there. And, by the way…CBS does not own WCBS-AM…it’s owned by Entercom.

A full service station like WALL could carry sports PBP if they so desired. But they won’t pick it up on the whims of a rando poster and his whims and desires. People don’t program on irrational wishcasting. They program to make money. That’s why WROW has the Mets and WALL doesn’t.

The Mets manage their own radio network, it is not of any relation to “CBS News Radio” whatsoever, which CBS still operates and a third party distributes. With all due respect, suggesting that they are co-related alludes to a total illiteracy on the subject matter.

Participant

If you look at Radio Locator, the signal pattern for WCBS-AM will have enough coverage to pick up the Mets if you going to listen to. Spring Training will be coming up in about a week or two, and it is only on WCBS-AM, not on any of the stations will not be carrying Spring Training, but you must have to wait until the regular season comes by the end of March or into early April, but we shall see if WBWZ and WROW will still be carrying the Mets? Don’t let your fingers crossed.

Participant

If WROW and WMML do carry the Mets and WENU does not, it might mean that the “magic” format will continue on WENU while the Mets game is in progress?

Participant

If you look at Radio Locator, the signal pattern for WCBS-AM will have enough coverage to pick up the Mets if you going to listen to. Spring Training will be coming up in about a week or two, and it is only on WCBS-AM, not on any of the stations will not be carrying Spring Training, but you must have to wait until the regular season comes by the end of March or into early April, but we shall see if WBWZ and WROW will still be carrying the Mets? Don’t let your fingers crossed.

With all due respect, your knowledge on how baseball teams operate radio networks is incredibly dubious and totally unreliable at best.

The Mets want fans to come to the games and to follow the team. That means they want affiliates. And using radio-locator as a basis of your argument is laughable and devoid of merit. WCBS isn’t an Albany station, they are a New York station, and the days of people DXing to listen to far away signals are almost entirely gone. They need an Albany outlet. WROW wanted to be an outlet and will be one for this season, despite your objections and obsessive wish-casting.

Then again, you whine about anything/everything that WROW and Fox Oldies does and have been for a decade, you’re like Julius May only with less self awareness, if that was even possible.

Participant

It would be nice if Pamal would clarify what is going to happen with the Mets. A  sports writer for the Albany paper wrote that there is likely to be no station carrying the Mets in the Albany-Schdy-Troy area. The Schenectady paper has a preseason game listed on WROW, and  the Mets website lists the games to be on WKLI-FM.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More

css.php