More Changes for KOOL Radio

RadioInsight Community Forums Northeast Connecticut More Changes for KOOL Radio

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MTN Productions 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Brammy

In addition to the two FM translators for KOOL Radio in Connecticut and Rhode Island there is big news for Springfield. KOOL Radio will be taking over WSPR AM 1270 beginning May 1st. The Spanish programming currently on WSPR 1270 will be sliding to 1490 AM and their new FM translator. KOOL Radio will be unavailable in Springfield from April 1st through May 1st. Transmitter and studio upgrades will be taking place.

Marc Bramhall

Brammy

In addition to the two FM translators for KOOL Radio in Connecticut and Rhode Island there is big news for Springfield. KOOL Radio will be taking over WSPR AM 1270 beginning May 1st. The Spanish programming currently on WSPR 1270 will be sliding to 1490 AM and their new FM translator. KOOL Radio will be unavailable in Springfield from April 1st through May 1st. Transmitter and studio upgrades will be taking place.

1270-AM which has been running a loop in Spanish directing listeners to BOMBA 104.5 FM/1490 AM since April 4th is now sporting the WACM Call letters and will launch the KOOL Radio Format on either April 30th or May 1st. 1490-AM is now WSPR.

Marc Bramhall

Brammy

KOOL Radio will be launching on AM 1270 this Saturday 4/30 at Noon.

http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/04/kool_radio_returning_to_its_sp.html

Marc Bramhall

Brammy

KOOL Oldies (WNTY 96.1/990, WSKP 104.3/1180, and WACM 1270) has let go Saturday Morning DJ Rick Kelly along with Ray Mills host of the Saturday Night All Request Oldies Party. A second airing of “Biggest Hits USA” was airing 6AM-9AM this morning in Rick’s Old Time-Slot. And I believe automated music has replaced the Saturday Night All Request Oldies Party.

Marc Bramhall

MTN Productions
    Participant

I only have Ray Mills hosted the Saturday Night All Request Show on WACM/WXTC last year, but this is the only show I have posted. Hate to see him go. Even Bob O doing the all request lunch hour heard on WGNY-FM’s “Fox Oldies” in the HV did something different like sending e-mail requests instead of taking phone calls, I prefer Bob O’s all-request lunch hour a lot better than Ray Mills. Jay & Ben on WROW’s “Magic 590/100.5” had “Jukebox Friday Morning” where they requested a song every Friday morning, but that’s better than Ray Mills. I have to listen to other stations instead of this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php