Most annoying radio ads?

RI Community Forums General Topics Advertising & Production Most annoying radio ads?

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 37 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matt B Matt B 1 day, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Participant

For me it would be the one with the female voice that says “Have you heard?!? Proactive Plus is better than ever!! Stay tuned for…” I think it’s because this is such an overrated product and only works if you keep using it every day which means giving them all of your money otherwise you end up worse off than you were before you started using it. That’s my understanding anyways.

Another one would be the ads for “Pro”Flowers. Usually starts out with a female voice saying something like “Valentine’s Day is NEXT SATURDAY!! and ‘Pro’Flowers has an amazing offer…” Do people realize that if you send someone flowers through them, they come shipped in a box with a separate vase and it’s up to the recipient to put it together? Furthermore when UPS or FedEx delivers it, if the receipient isn’t home they get left by the front door – even if it’s -15 degrees outside (which will certainly kill the flowers).

Profile photo of keithe4
    keithe4
    Participant

Flo, from Progressive Insurance, (allegedly) singing anything. She’s annoying enough on TV, but even worse on radio. Roseanne Barr would be proud.

Beer. Because no good joke ever started with "Two guys walked into a salad bar."

Profile photo of radiorewind
    radiorewind
    Participant

I’m glad I haven’t heard Flo on the radio. I can’t stand her. I hate the 1-800-Kars-4-Kids ads with the irritating voice of a little kid singing the phone number. I ALSO hate the ADS from several different AUTO dealers who feel COMPELLED to SHOUT almost every other WORD. And any time I hear an ad that starts out with two actors trying to make the ad sound like it’s a chat between a talk-show host and a listener who phoned in, I switch stations immediately.

Profile photo of keithe4
    keithe4
    Participant

I’m glad I haven’t heard Flo on the radio. I can’t stand her.

You’ve missed absolutely nothing.

I hate the 1-800-Kars-4-Kids ads with the irritating voice of a little kid singing the phone number.

And the creepy-sounding adult with the second verse….same as the first. 😉

I ALSO hate the ADS from several different AUTO dealers who feel COMPELLED to SHOUT almost every other WORD.

I think THAT guy is from WINS in Noo YAWK! Sportscaster, I think. I’ve heard a guy do sports THERE that sounds EXACTLY like HIM!!! His comMERcials are all over the WEST, if not the enTIRE counTRY!

And any time I hear an ad that starts out with two actors trying to make the ad sound like it’s a chat between a talk-show host and a listener who phoned in, I switch stations immediately.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard that one. Fortunately, I would guess.

Beer. Because no good joke ever started with "Two guys walked into a salad bar."

Profile photo of Florence
    Anonymous

I thought I was the only one that became annoyed with the 1-800-KARS-FOR-KIDS jingle advertisement. Radio gets turned off everytime it comes on.

Profile photo of Curt Schwarzwalder
    Curt Schwarzwalder
    Participant

Not only is the Kars for Kids spot very annoying and repetitive, it’s apparently ineffective…

It’s actually 1-877-KARS-4-KIDS. Not 1-800 as everyone says.

Not very educational for kids, either: “That’s cars with a ‘K'”

If you live outside the northeast and are blissfully unaware of this audio torture, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8UV7SAhvG4

Sorry.

Profile photo of kipperkat
    kipperkat
    Participant

I had forgotten kars for kids.   That one made me call Kidney cars .

I was googling because there is another super irritating contender,  also automotive related: somebody selling cars who’s got their kid interjecting statements like  “you can trust my dad” and “don’t forget the team”

oh my God I’m just finishing physiotherapy from injuries sustained in flinging myself across the room to hit the off button on the Sonos for cars for kids.

Profile photo of Bill Recto
    Bill Recto
    Participant

Erection pill commercials that’s outright snake oil antics here. Also various loan commercial from Loan Me that’s going to start the next recession once everybody knows the fine print.

Profile photo of tdotoutlayer
    tdotoutlayer
    Participant

In recent years the notorious “1-800 KARS FOR KIDS” jingle has made its way to the Great White North with considerable airplay on Golden Horseshoe area stations. Listening to AM, FM and internet radio over the years I have heard many examples of radio advertisements that could be considered “annoying” for lack of more detailed and descriptive terms. My favorite example would be the infamous SellOffVacations.com jingle that ran in rather heavy rotation on Canadian radio stations from about 2004 to 2012-2013. Numerous variants of the ad were created over the years, but the jingle remained the same.

In early 2010, an advertisement for Gibby’s Electronics Supermarket; an independent electronics store in St. Catharine’s, Ontario received heavy airplay on 97.7 HTZ-FM. It consisted of a woman with a guitar singing a jingle with the lyrics starting “Where do you go when you need home theater, Goo-ooo-ooogle Gibby’s, Where do you go for HD-TVs, Goo-ooo-ooogle Gibby’s”. I may have it on an aircheck tape.

Additionally, in the summer of 2010, the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) created a radio advertisement featuring an old song called “Mambo Italiano” serving as some sort of promotion for Italian food recipes with some sort of fine wines serving as the secondary subject of the promo in question. It only lasted a matter of months, but it was still pretty bad.

As far as internet radio goes, my listening is generally limited to American news/talk stations, so that would be the usual barrage of ED/Low T cures, hair loss treatments, weight loss supplements, et cetera.

Profile photo of CS
    CS
    Participant

The cars 4 kids commercial takes the cake as the worst commercial ever heard…I think, if people don’t want to hear Kars 4 Kids then the stations should stop playing that commercial. Also, the guy advertising flipping houses sounds like he shouldn’t be trusted.

Profile photo of vchimpanzee
    vchimpanzee
    Participant

I’m not sure this is correct, but it’s something like

strokeassociation.org

I’m having a stroke.

Hey man, you all right?

I’m having a stroke.

Profile photo of vchimpanzee
    vchimpanzee
    Participant

The above is on KKOV, which I am streaming. It’s the first station I ever streamed successfully online at home. There is an incredibly disgusting commercial for a product that can get all the junk out of your digestive system. Okay, it’s not really as bad as, say, “Family Guy”, but come now.

Profile photo of coughitup
    coughitup
    Participant

Yeah, I couldn’t agree more.  That 1-877-Kars-4-Kids commercial gets me riled up every time!

Profile photo of thenetwork
    thenetwork
    Participant

There are 2 commercials which are composed entirely of telephone conversations of “alleged” actual consumers (yeah, right).  One is of Dinovite.com <bark!>, and I forget the other commercial product — probably the same pills w/ different labels.

Speaking of screaming voices in commercials, “Gary’, the guy who buys & sells gold out of Scottsdale, AZ needs a few shots of Valium as well.

Profile photo of Bill Recto
    Bill Recto
    Participant

How about Flipping your house scheme. I know in the Bay Area they always give out a seminar for some reason at the Hotel conference room near the San Francisco airport in Burlingame and theres always radio ads for this group that want to flip houses in the Bay Area. Does this happen in other parts of the country where a group says you have to meet at a hotel conference near the airport in the radio ads for house flipping?

Are FortuneBuilders’ House Flipping Seminars a Scam?

http://www.wtae.com/news/investigation-reveals-flip-side-of-houseflipping-workshops/29527458

http://www.bbb.org/blog/2013/07/get-rich-quick-house-flipping-seminars-may-leave-you-with-nothing/

What you need to know before you consider flipping a house
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/21018492/12-investigates-house-flipping-seminars

http://www.findandflipevent.com/facebook6/index.asp

http://www.mlive.com/business/mid-michigan/index.ssf/2013/02/better_business_bureau_warns_o.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register

css.php
Skip to toolbar