My Network TV off 43

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Cleveland My Network TV off 43

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Yekimi 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

vjm1
    Participant

Beginning January 28, My Network TV will no longer be seen on WUAB CW 43.

My Net has been banished to WOIO 19.2 (Me TV) where it will air late nights from 1-3a.

Some other shuffling will also take place:

WOIO’s 4 p.m. newscast expands to a full hour, Inside Edition moves to WUAB M-F at 7p., and here’s WUAB’s new late night line up:

11p – Black-ish (X2)
    12a – Mom (X2)
    1a – TMZ
    1:30a – Extra
    2a – The Game
    2:30a – 2 Broke Girls
    3a – Family Guy
    3:30-5a – Paid

vjm1
    Participant

To follow up on that, I noticed that WSAZ NBC 3 in Huntington/Charleston West Virginia (which is now a sister station of WOIO/WUAB since Gray has officially taken over) does pretty much the same thing…they run My Net on 3.2, which primarily airs Me TV .

Only difference is WSAZ airs My Net in prime time, while WOIO will banish it to late nights.

MediaFan85
    Participant

It seems as if MyNetworkTV continues to get shafted over at E. 12th and Chester.  I wonder if both stations will drop the network entirely.  Could WBNX pick it up?

MediaFan85
    Participant

The surprising news is WOIO expanding the 4pm newscast back to a full-hour.  I guess this means no more of the “Unwired” 4:30pm streaming newscast.

vjm1
    Participant

It seems as if MyNetworkTV continues to get shafted over at E. 12th and Chester. I wonder if both stations will drop the network entirely. Could WBNX pick it up?

Possible – yes.

Probable – not really…if they wanted it, they would have snatched it up and likely put in the scheduled prime time slot. My Net is just a glorified rerun syndication package anyway, and was (in all candor) a consolation prize for stations who lost out when UPN and WB merged to form the CW.

vjm1
    Participant

The surprising news is WOIO expanding the 4pm newscast back to a full-hour. I guess this means no more of the “Unwired” 4:30pm streaming newscast.

Probably.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

It seems as if MyNetworkTV continues to get shafted over at E. 12th and Chester. I wonder if both stations will drop the network entirely. Could WBNX pick it up?

MyTV is nothing more than a two-hour block of reruns that can easily be seen on any other basic cable network. I don’t know why any other station would bother with it, WBNX might, but they’ve got a lot of problems on their own end right now.

Moving the MyTV block to a late-night slot on 19.2 is as much of a cancellation notice that you’ll ever find.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

vjm1
    Participant

Another change just announced.

“Me Time” – the Raycom home brew kitchen table chat show – will now air M-F at 3:30a on WUAB, and WOIO’s 9a local news/chat show “Sunny Side Up” expands to 1 hour (effective 1/29 – same day as the My Net banishment to 19.2).

On the surface, this indicates “Me Time” is a dead show walking, and just playing out the string.

It also shows Gray isn’t interested in Raycom’s little pet projects that they absorbed when the merger went down.

MediaFan85
    Participant

MeTime must be a bust in the ratings.  I think it might have been dead last locally, so having “Sunnyside” going a full-hour makes more sense.  I won’t be surprise if it evolves into a traditional newscast down the road.  I also won’t be surprise if MeTime gets cancelled this or next year.

vjm1
    Participant

MeTime must be a bust in the ratings. I think it might have been dead last locally, so having “Sunnyside” going a full-hour makes more sense. I won’t be surprise if it evolves into a traditional newscast down the road. I also won’t be surprise if MeTime gets cancelled this or next year.

There likely won’t be a next year.

You don’t get bumped to 3:30a and expect to return another season…that’s the slot you go to when you have to fulfill an obligation and get something over with.

vjm1
    Participant

MeTime must be a bust in the ratings. I think it might have been dead last locally, so having “Sunnyside” going a full-hour makes more sense. I won’t be surprise if it evolves into a traditional newscast down the road. I also won’t be surprise if MeTime gets cancelled this or next year.

There likely won’t be a next year.

You don’t get bumped to 3:30a and expect to return another season…that’s the slot you go to when you have to fulfill an obligation and get something over with.

There won’t even be a rest of this month.

Friday is the last airing, and then that coveted 3:30 a.m. slot gets filled by…wait for it…infomercials.

MediaFan85
    Participant

MeTime becomes NoTime!

I thought it would at least complete the entire 2018-19 season.  At least the other in-house Raycom in-house shows lasted longer.  I guess Gray saw no value and potential in the program.

Yekimi
    Participant

MeTime becomes NoTime!

I thought it would at least complete the entire 2018-19 season.  At least the other in-house Raycom in-house shows lasted longer.  I guess Gray saw no value and potential in the program.

They saw more value in the infomercial; probably making way more money showing that crap than the Raycom crap!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php