Nash FM's New HD2

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

Nash has had an HD4 channel for most of its existence. It rebroadcasts the religious station The Bridge. Today is the first time I’ve heard an HD2 on 94.7. They are playing a mix of rock music that includes hard rock, heavy metal, alternative, and the occasional oldie. It calls itself J Rock.

The display reads, “Something New Coming!” So perhaps this programming is temporary.

Bruce
    Participant

I checked it out at 5:30 PM (6/27) and 94.7 HD2 had no sound while the RDS feed stated something new is coming.  Either they were just testing earlier in the day or there were technical difficulties.

Allan
    Participant

Yep, when I tuned in this afternoon, there was no audio, and that’s still the case. Here’s the RDS from my Sony.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7gY61vwkopFWHhMell1MG5JS1U

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7gY61vwkopFbWg1ai05dnBab00

Barry
    Participant

What Bruce wrote above makes sense to me. Either Nash was merely using the rock music to test the HD2, or there is a technical problem with the programming.

Hopefully the “something new coming” on the display refers to a channel featuring brand new, and up and coming country songs and artists. Several country stations have HD2’s with that format.

An example: http://player.radio.com/listen/station/k-frog-next

Allan
    Participant

As of this morning, WNSH HD2 is airing “Radio Russsian Reklama”, and the exact same station/programming as WWFS HD4. Maybe they’re moving from 102.7 to 94.7?

Site: https://radio.rusrek.com (Still only says 102.7 HD4, nothing about 94.7 HD2 yet)

Allan
    Participant

8AM TOH UPDATE: They announced the move from 102.7 HD4 to 94.7 HD2 starting July 1st.

They say the new signal is clearer, stronger, and bigger (my translation). Why they’d say that? As a Russian myself, I know there are many of them in NJ (northeast and central NJ), and the WNSH signal has a better NJ signal. Also, I myself had troubles picking up WWFS HD4 in some antenna configurations in thick-walled NYC buildings because a HD4’s signal is less than a HD2 signal.

Barry
    Participant

Hey Allan, pretty cool that you checked this out, since you speak Russian. The move to 94.7 is mentioned on the Russian station’s Facebook page.

Actually I believe that the WNEW 102.7 HD4 signal would do better than the Nash HD2 in midtown buildings, because the former is broadcast from the ESB, not a tower in NJ. But if there are many Russians residing in NJ, 94.7’s strong signal there may more than compensate.

Do you know whether the Russian programming is similar to that of Danu Radio (carried locally on WWPR HD2)?

Allan
    Participant

Thanks Barry! And yeah, I saw their post on FB. WNEW’s HD4 would do better in the city and especially in the “Little Russia” known as Brighton Beach. But I guess they think that the signal will suffice there AND add listeners in Jersey.

About the programming, both “RUSA Radio” (formerly branded “Danu”) and “Russian Rek” are owned by the same people (Russian Rek Newspaper) and studios are located in the same building on Coney Island Avenue. They both have talk and music shows, at alternating times, although “Russian Rek” focuses more on news/talk.

Bruce
    Participant

Barry
    Participant

The Russian language station is now broadcasting on WPLJ 95.5 HD2, in addition to WNSH 94.7 HD2. Their Facebook page shows the 95.5 frequency, instead of 94.7. So it seems a reasonable guess 94.7 HD2 will soon be used for something else. Perhaps the originating signal for the translator carrying A/C formatted ‘FAS FM on 94.3? At the moment it is apparently not being fed by a terrestrial signal. Until now it had been WPLJ HD2. It also seems possible ‘FAS will go off the air, as there is an application approved by the FCC to move the originating translator to NJ, and rebroadcast religious station The Bridge. The ‘FAS website is missing the graphics that had been on the top of the page.

Allan
    Participant

Looked on their FB page: “С 15-го Августа на новой волне – 95.5FM-HD2”. They’re moving on the 15th to 95.5 HD2. Wonder if WFAS will go to 94.7-HD2, new programming will be let to lease, or it’ll go back to nothing (HD1/HD4)…

limegrass69
    Participant

With the Russian station on both 94.7 and 95.5 HD2, there’s currently no station originating W232AL (94.3).

Is that legal?

Barry
    Participant

‘FAS has been moved to WPLJ HD3. At the moment, there is apparently no HD subchannel rebroadcasting WABC 770 AM. Perhaps WNSH HD2 will eventually carry the AM station, once the Russian broadcaster vacates the channel in a few days.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php