New Station 101.5 FM Queens

RI Community Forums Northeast New York / Long Island New Station 101.5 FM Queens

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeffrey Jeffrey 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

FCC database still has 101.5 FM Queens as The Sound of Long Island. Anyone have more info on this station when they will be going on the air ?

W268BY 268 D FX 101.5 MHz CP QUEENS NY US BNPFT-20130830ABG – 147810 0.038 kW 64.9 m SOUND OF LONG ISLAND, INC.

Tune Radio receivers in real time at GlobalTuners
    http://globaltuners.com

Share your Receiver Online
    http://www.globaltuners.com/receiver/share.php

Profile photo of Bruce
    Bruce
    Participant

Right now I hear a pirate playing Spanish music on 101.5 FM in Flushing, Queens.

Profile photo of Joy Jeong
    Anonymous

Be rebroadcast of 1660 WWRU. I heard one year ago

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

The 101.5 translator is still listed on the F.C.C. database as only a construction permit. So it could not have been rebroadcasting anything. If the translator goes on the air, it remains to be seen whether NJ 101.5 will file an interference complaint.
    As I recall, WWRU was briefly simulcast on the 106.3 translator in Long Island City, not 101.5.

Profile photo of CA was in NJ
    CA was in NJ
    Participant

Barry, the station almost certainly has Program Test Authority so they could definitely be on the air.

Profile photo of Bruce
    Bruce
    Participant

The 101.5 translator in Flushing Queens is a translator for WVIP (93.5 FM) in Westchester

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

I am surprised the translator on 101.5 is not carrying one of WVIP’s HD side channels. It seems unnecessary to have a translator in Flushing carry the regular WVIP programming. Doesn’t the station have a decent signal there?

Profile photo of Bruce
    Bruce
    Participant

I can pick up 93.5 FM and its HD side channels loud and clear from Flushing.  It would make more sense for 1480 AM to have an FM translator since there is a large Asian population in Flushing.

Profile photo of Barry
    Barry
    Participant

I believe that WVIP 93.5 is currently on at least 3 translators in the area-101.5 in Plainview, the new 101.5 in Queens which is the subject of this thread, and the one on 106.3 broadcasting from the Citi tower in western Queens.  101.5 is apparently rebroadcasting a Long Island religious station that is on WVIP’s HD4.

Does anyone know what is being rebroadcast on 106.3? Is it the Hispanic music station on WVIP HD3? WVIP seems to be utilizing HD radio quite effectively, as it is apparently leasing out 2 of its HD subchannels and possibly rebroadcasting both of them on translators.

Profile photo of Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Participant

I believe that WVIP 93.5 is currently on at least 3 translators in the area-101.5 in Plainview, the new 101.5 in Queens which is the subject of this thread, and the one on 106.3 broadcasting from the Citi tower in western Queens. 101.5 is apparently rebroadcasting a Long Island religious station that is on WVIP’s HD4. Does anyone know what is being rebroadcast on 106.3? Is it the Hispanic music station on WVIP HD3? WVIP seems to be utilizing HD radio quite effectively, as it is apparently leasing out 2 of its HD subchannels and possibly rebroadcasting both of them on translators.

106.3 fm is currently broadcasting WVIP HD3 with it’s Hispanic music format.
    Profile photo of Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Participant

106.3 fm is currently broadcasting WVIP HD3 with it’s Hispanic music format.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php
Skip to toolbar