NewsTalk 98-7 is making a switch

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.
  • Posted In: Eastern Tennessee

• Participant

Cumulus’s WOKI has been running this promo all day. Any ideas or insider info?
    It could be anything, but of course my mind rushes to frequency change, maybe exiling the News-Talk back to AM and opening up 98.7 for Nash Icon, or something else. Only problem is, I don’t know if sports can be a standalone on the Friendsville-licensed 99.1. Another slight possibility, giving 98.7 to WNML and having WOKI on the 990/99.1 combo.
    Of course this could be a programming change, or, if corporate has loosened its grip, maybe Fox News coming to the frequency instead of generic CNN.

Other ideas?

Do they have an AM Sister? They might move the talk programming there and launch something else on 98.7 and I highly doubt it will be NASH Icon. Otherwise maybe a possible show change.

Participant

Yes, 990 which is currently sports.

Participant

Whatever it is, it will be announced Dec. 10 at 8:20am.

Participant

Anyone catch the announcement?

Anyone catch the announcement?

Phil & Hal swapping mornings & afternoons in Jan. Not really psyched on it. I love Hal but could care less about Phil’s morning zoo fluff.

Participant

We will see. Hal does get a bit long-winded for morning drive, and I think it’ll be a win for him. I’m usually driving home (about 40 minutes) from work in the 6pm hour so it’ll be good to have Hal. Also promising more news in the morning. 2 more changes on the way. Beck, Hannity and Cain and Coast 2 Coast are all available in the market; if corporate loosens their grip with the cramdown shows, I can see changes there. I vote Dave Foulk for 10-12noon.

Participant

Every time I see WOKI reference, I remember them from long ago when they wee CHR, “The Only One.”

Participant

Another change, and more local programming starting 1/4: News/Program Director Catherine Howell and news guy Phil Yarbourough will start a 10-12noon show, replacing Chris Plante.

Participant

more changes….

Sean Hannity is back on 98.7 replacing Michael Savage.

Participant

more changes….

Sean Hannity is back on 98.7 replacing Michael Savage.

WOKI has to be the first Cumulus station to bring Hannity back since Sean’s fallout with the Dickey brothers. That’s big, especially when Lew and John made the Savage cram-down one of their personal pet projects.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

Participant

That is huge. They had Geraldo (later Chris Plante) and Savage crammed down. It is amazing, but shows the change in leadership, that the locals were allowed to bring Hannity back, with WNFZ having flipped formats.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

css.php