Possible changes coming to WDOK?

RadioInsight Community Forums Midwest Cleveland Possible changes coming to WDOK?

The login box issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues you can still use the alternate link, but please inform us so we can investigate.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  MediaFan85 4 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

jtakach9818
    Participant

Ever since Monday (at least), Star 102’s on screen info tags on my car’s stereo have simply read “WDOK1021” with no change at all. (As an aside, Q104 looks like they inherited how 102 had their info tags set up, right down to cutting the artist first names off after just five characters.)

It’s probably nothing, but could be an early indicator of some changes coming to the stations. I’d believe that Entercom would move the Star format and staff across the hall to 104, and would try something new at 102. However, what would the change be? “Alt 102.1”?

”Christmas 102” is the perfect time to plot a reformat, after all…

David
    Participant

I’ve always felt CBS never operated either station properly. They never represented the format they were listed as. If anything I would make 102 go full fledged Hot AC and make Q go Top 40 to start competition with Kiss.

xms3200

WDOK has lost its HD radio signal, that is why the album artwork is missing and name of the songs keeps scrolling. WDOK HD2 is off the air completely, must be a transmitter problem.

skiwest

NE Ohio does not need any more hot AC.  There is too much already.

MediaFan85

Would be better to go back to being “102.1 WDOK.”  There is too much overlap between the station and Q104, with both stations playing the same artists or song at times.  Plus, I’ve noticed Star trying to be a combination of The Lake and Q.  I’ve heard Queen’s “Killer Queen” on the station last week.  Who knows what will happen.

As far as “Alt 102.1,” iHeart won’t allow it because of “Alt 99.1.”  Now “Radio 102.1” or “FM 102.1” would be an option if that was to happen.

MediaFan85

I’ve always felt CBS never operated either station properly. They never represented the format they were listed as. If anything I would make 102 go full fledged Hot AC and make Q go Top 40 to start competition with Kiss.

Both Star and Q are programmed by the same PD.

Nathan Obral
    Participant

To be bluntly honest, the only “change” coming to WDOK will be their annual spin as “Christmas 102” next month.

Recorded in Ultra Stereo, the ultimately superior cousin to Normal Stereo!

tim131
    Participant

Wonder if the female PD who made soft rock WDOK a dominant radio station years ago return to reprise the format? Hmmmm?

clevelandtv

Hope they don’t change formats!

michael p

WDOK has lost its HD radio signal, that is why the album artwork is missing and name of the songs keeps scrolling. WDOK HD2 is off the air completely, must be a transmitter problem.

WDOK’s transmitter is on the WQHS tower.  WQHS is preparing for the “repack” by installing an antenna for the new frequency they will be relocating to in the near future.  As a result of the tower work WDOK’s HD signal is off (which is a bummer, I was just getting into the “Coffee House” AAA formatted HD2 channel).  I contacted the station and they confirmed that “transmitter work” is why their HD2 signal is off.  I presume this also affected their RDS signal.

santa fe

Is that not the candleabra tower in Parma that 61 and 43 shared? Been some time since I saw it, did they remove the 43 antenna, or is that what they are doing now or are they installing the new antenna as the second half of the candleabra? By the way, Sue Wilson, “the lady” who led WDOK to the top in the 80s is happily esconced as PD of WQMX and WNWV in Akron and is co host of the WQMX morning show. A classy lady and a class act.

xms3200

WDOK’s transmitter is on the WQHS tower.  WQHS is preparing for the “repack” by installing an antenna for the new frequency they will be relocating to in the near future.  As a result of the tower work WDOK’s HD signal is off (which is a bummer, I was just getting into the “Coffee House” AAA formatted HD2 channel).  I contacted the station and they confirmed that “transmitter work” is why their HD2 signal is off.  I presume this also affected their RDS signal.

Thanks for the great info, I knew something was wrong with the transmitter…changing the format with knocking out the HD signal was a long shot at best. I am also a big fan of the “Coffee Shop” on 102.1 HD2

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  xms3200.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  xms3200.

Yekimi
    Participant

Is that not the candleabra tower in Parma that 61 and 43 shared? Been some time since I saw it, did they remove the 43 antenna, or is that what they are doing now or are they installing the new antenna as the second half of the candleabra? By the way, Sue Wilson, “the lady” who led WDOK to the top in the 80s is happily esconced as PD of WQMX and WNWV in Akron and is co host of the WQMX morning show. A classy lady and a class act.

Ummm…..not anymore. Sue’s been gone from RCRG for a while.  http://clevelandcountrymagazine.com/wqmx-program-director-sue-wilson-resigns/

santa fe

Did not see that. This website is my main link the old sod. I hope it was by her hand. Who is running the show there now?

Yekimi
    Participant

Did not see that. This website is my main link the old sod. I hope it was by her hand. Who is running the show there now?

Ken Steel. Was APD. And yes, at least as far as I know, it was by her own hand. She has some other things she wants to do.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Yekimi.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

css.php